• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Eric Bristow

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Eric Bristow"

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    They do - but the people who need to answer for it the most of those that perpetrated it.

So lets keep the focus on those people hey?
    On the one hand you have someone with a hardwired predilection for kids. On the other hand you have someone who says "yes please spend most of your week watching them in the shower". That's like offering a starving diabetic a lollipop. Plenty of blame to go around, we don't need to pick one of them for it.

We've spent decades criticising the Catholic church for what some people have done. Same principles apply to the FA. The question is surely if this was any kind of organised thing, a secret network with people covering for each other... or if it's lots of independent individuals alone with a squad of boys and none knew they weren't the only one with the key to the chocolate factory.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    Brendan O'Neill is far more immoral than Eric Bristow's tormentors.
    He is already going up in my estimation. care to explain why?

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
    Indeed, at the end of all this if it means that kids can simply be safe when just wanting to play football then all the better.

The FA have a lot to answer to, turns out they pulled the funding for this back in 2003.

Edit can't find the link but it's on BBC site.

qh
    They do - but the people who need to answer for it the most of those that perpetrated it.

So lets keep the focus on those people hey?

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Football is having its Saville moment. About time.

One can hope the end of child abuse will be soon.
    Indeed, at the end of all this if it means that kids can simply be safe when just wanting to play football then all the better.

The FA have a lot to answer to, turns out they pulled the funding for this back in 2003.

Edit can't find the link but it's on BBC site.

qh

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Brendan O'Neill is far more immoral than Eric Bristow's tormentors.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Chelski in the firing line now.
    I thought only Michael Jackson was allowed to perform child abuse then pay to get away with it.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Chelski in the firing line now.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Flip me, they're popping up all over the place now:

2016-12-01 Hundreds report football abuse to police

Why am I reminded of that time a New York bus had a minor crash and a dozen or more bystanders quickly hopped on grabbed seats and started groaning and rubbing their necks?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied

Why am I reminded of that time a New York bus had a minor crash and a dozen or more bystanders quickly hopped on grabbed seats and started groaning and rubbing their necks?
    Unlike that scenario, what do people coming forward falsely have to gain? Would financial recompense be likely in such cases (the Chelsea one where they tried to cover it up is different)?

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    2016-12-02 Chelsea FC 'paid me £50,000 over abuse'

Hmm ...

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    I thought it was only public schoolboys that had sore bums
    DOH - I should have said "sat down" instead of "grabbed seats".

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied

I thought it was only public schoolboys that had sore bums

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    I just love Brendan O'Neill Eric Bristow’s tormentors are far more immoral than he is | Free speech | spiked

Leave a comment:

• I just need to test it
    replied
    Sadly not.

But help me out here.

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Yeah little kids should man up.

Idiot.
    What did he say to provoke that? I honestly can't see it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X