• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Top end guys don't have a ltd"

Collapse

• Flashman
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    FFS do I look like an Aussie pole-choker to you (for that is who this is )

At least he's quite an entertaining troll, though.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    I like him actually, even if his username sounds like it comes from a governmental hygiene recommendation

FTFY.

Hopefully.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Flashman View Post
    Quiet afternoon in Portugal Sas ?
    FFS do I look like an Aussie pole-choker to you (for that is who this is )

At least he's quite an entertaining troll, though.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    I like him actually, even if his username sounds like it comes from a governmental feminine hygiene recommendation

Leave a comment:

• ContractorHardman
    replied
    Originally posted by Fronttoback View Post
    The point is, the additional overhead and hassle you go through to run a LTD just isn't worth it when your bringing in top dollar.

Yeah I could save 20% tax (I doubt it's that much)... But who cares. 80% of a pile is still a pile. And I have no hassle, and get my dough every two weeks instead of having to leave it in a company account and take a divvie. And I don't have to worry about IR35, business accounts, receipts, etc etc. I just stash some cash for tax and that's that.

I'm telling you, I'm not exaggerating - the majority of the big contractors are not running LTDs. But if you want to take the p1ss go for it. It's your lower level guys who do all that stuff- because they have too. Contracting at low levels is a one way ticket out of careerdom for them- so they have to do maximum milking. For those who chose their skill set with a wise long term view, who will come back in to senior perm roles on 100k+ at the end of contracting - it's not so important.

I know a BA who jumps through many hoops and pays 10% tax legally. Bores the life out of me he does- once he starts talking abour his complicated setup. The amount of flying he has to do, maintaining properties in various places- ridiculous, and a bit bad taste actually. I enjoy paying a lot of tax, since I take lot of dough out for doing not very much.

The energy is better spent learning a better skill that earns more money. Then kick back and define your lifestyle. That's true freedom. The hassle that you boys go through is beyond a joke- it's not freedom but another form of hardship. You're a slave to your accounts.

For the same reason, I didn't save any money when I was a permie in my 20s. I made sure I was doing work to set up my contracting career, and I partied all my permie income away. It was not efficient to save at those levels. I saved plenty once I started contracting. Why waste your time?
    I am just messing with you pal! Thanks for the effort on the post though, I didn't read it! You may be at the top of your game but you are at the bottom of my concerns

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    I am all choked up.
    You should change your Monday special then!

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    I reckon you should try an Aussie accent.
    I am all choked up.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Dylan View Post
    Isn't back to front rhyming slag?
    See you next...

(Deliberately spelt wrong.)

Leave a comment:

• Dylan
    replied
    Isn't back to front rhyming slag?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    Gotcha.

Chuck another shrimp on the Barbie, Sheila..

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    Originally posted by Fronttoback View Post
    <snip>
    I'm telling you, I'm not exaggerating - the majority of the big contractors are not running LTDs. But if you want to take the p1ss go for it. It's your lower level guys who do all that stuff- because they have too. Contracting at low levels is a one way ticket out of careerdom for them- so they have to do maximum milking. For those who chose their skill set with a wise long term view, who will come back in to senior perm roles on 100k+ at the end of contracting - it's not so important.

I know a BA who jumps through many hoops and pays 10% tax legally. Bores the life out of me he does- once he starts talking abour his complicated setup. The amount of flying he has to do, maintaining properties in various places- ridiculous, and a bit bad taste actually. I enjoy paying a lot of tax, since I take lot of dough out for doing not very much.

<snip>
    1. The majority of 'big contractors' I knew in the City were in the past using dodgy tax avoidance schemes. No doubt you are too, in your theoretical mind as it slips slowly into a state of delightful dementia.
    2. £100k perm salary is really not that much any more if you are capable.
    3. "maintaining properties in various places"? What's that got to do with anything. I guess you're one of his tenants, given that you enjoy throwing money away.

Idiot. 81.
    Last edited by ChimpMaster; 29 November 2016, 10:47.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

Gotcha.

Chuck another shrimp on the Barbie, Sheila..

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I read that (sadly rather disjointed) monologue in my head using a hybrid Partridge/Brent voice - most enjoyable.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    I read that (sadly rather disjointed) monologue in my head using a hybrid Partridge/Brent voice - most enjoyable.

Leave a comment:

• kaiser78
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    The 'hassle' is a few hours maximum each month ... yes, MONTH. To create the invoice, complete my expense forms and update my spreadsheet. Then once a year I send this off to my accountant to process. He sorts out my quarterly payroll so no hassle for me there. So yes, 25 hours a year is a real hassle
    Don't rise to it mate. OP's just a spouting jerk trying to get some attention - must have been picked on by the girls when he was little.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X