• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Investment Challenge"

Collapse

• TheOmegaMan
    replied
    Buy a sniper's rifle. Take out Heather Mills from a convenient distance. Bank very large cheque for motiveless murder. If Macca doesn't cough up I might have to stoop to blackmail.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Would work for prostitutes as well.

Leave a comment:

• Buffoon
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn
    Serious post.

I really do think there is money (big) to be made with the combination of the following.

The Internet
    Premium rate mobile txt's (£1 a pop)
    Chavs or other large groups of people (ethnics?)
    Something else

It's the something else I'm struggling with.
    How about a SMS service for easten European for notice of where they can get a day's work cash-in-hand. Save's them having to wait on street corners. Employers pay a fee to register on the website and notify jobs. Subscibers also pay to see ads and to get SMS messages giving notice of new positions. Kerrrrchhing on both sides and no agency to run.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Emperor Dalek
    There is. Shhhhh... mum's the word.
    You selling your mum on the Internet by txt to Chavs?

Leave a comment:

• Emperor Dalek
    replied
    Serious post.

I really do think there is money (big) to be made with the combination of the following.

The Internet
    Something else

There is. Shhhhh... mum's the word.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Serious post.

The Internet
    Something else

Set up an 0870 number and a power dialler. Call lots of credulous IT contractors and hang up as soon as they answer.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Serious post.

The Internet
    Something else

Leave a comment:

• Coding4FUN
    replied
    Start an agency to rip all of us off!

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Classic.

Leave a comment:

• Swiss Tony
    replied
    Pinched from Lock-Stock

"you open a company called the Arse Tickler's Faggot Fan Club. You take an advert in the back page of some gay mag, advertising the latest in arse-intruding dildos, sell it a bit with,... I dunno, "does what no other dildo can do until now", latest and greatest in sexual technology. Guaranteed results or money back, all that bollocks.

These dills cost twenty-five each; a snip for all the pleasure they are going to give the recipients. They send a cheque to the company name, nothing offensive, Bobbie's Bits or something, for twenty-five. You put these in the bank for two weeks and let them clear.

Now this is the clever bit. Then you send back the cheques for twenty-five pounds from the real company name, Arse Tickler's Faggot Fan Club, saying sorry, we couldn't get the supply from America, they have sold out. Now you see how many of the people cash those cheques; not a single soul, because who wants his bank manager to know he tickles arses when he is not paying in cheques!"

Repeat untill you hit £1,000,000 !!

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife
    Sell 1,000,001 raffle tickets for a non existant prize online at £1 each and give the winner their money back.

HTH

Sell 1,100,000 tickets for a £100,000 prize for a pound and actually pay out.

Ensure publicity.

Rince and repeat as desired.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Sell 1,000,001 raffle tickets for a non existant prize online at £1 each and give the winner their money back.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• PRC1964
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB
    Kepp the 100k and flog non-existant electrical goods on E-bay.
    Or another variation. Sell "Reality TV £10 notes" signed by you on E-Bay for £100 each.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Kepp the 100k and flog non-existant electrical goods on E-bay.

Leave a comment:

• swamp
    replied
    Buy a pair of football boots and pretend to be really good, "world class" in fact. Then sign for Newcastle United.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X