• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "CPS considers complaint that leave campaigns misled voters"

Collapse

• LondonManc
    replied
    More fool the idiots who didn't realise that Farage does not dictate government policy, is not party of the Conservative government and was nothing more than a mouthpiece.

More fool the Remainers for winding up the people, too, by patronising them.

But well done to the government on running yet another great divide and conquer scheme.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Or you know people formed their own opinion based on what they had seen/read for the previous 20 years?

I find it rather insulting that people think I based my vote on a few weeks campaigning by some people......

In fact i would probably go as far to say that anyone who tries to bring any sort of legal action against either the remain or exit campaigns should be told to get lost as they are obviously stupid.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Blair lied to parliament and so was protected by parliamentary privilege.

The Leave campaign lied to the public even when the ONS pointed out they were making facts up. Funnily enough Farage was the only one who didn't lie about the amount
    , as he wasn't in the official Leave campaign.
    Farage lied about his lies.

Footage from BBC Question Time on 9 June – just weeks before the referendum – shows the Ukip leader claiming the available cash was higher than £350 million and saying money should be spent on hospitals and GPs.

“Can we just get to the truth of this - £350 million a week is wrong, it’s higher than that,” he told the programme’s audience.

Video evidence emerges of Nigel Farage pledging EU millions for NHS weeks before Brexit vote | The Independent

Last edited by Paddy; 8 November 2016, 00:06.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    I was actually thinking that they spent too much on it and breached electoral rules.

Though if we can't do B'liar for a students dodgy dossier how can we for CMD spending millions too much on a bunch of lies.
    Blair lied to parliament and so was protected by parliamentary privilege.

The Leave campaign lied to the public even when the ONS pointed out they were making facts up. Funnily enough Farage was the only one who didn't lie about the amount, as he wasn't in the official Leave campaign.

Leave a comment:

• BlueSharp
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Surely that would be MORE fuel to the argument, not less? You can't say "both sides broke the law so it probably evens out" it just increases the scale of the problem.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    you don't understand sarcasm?
    You don't understand how to employ sarcasm?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Surely that would be MORE fuel to the argument, not less? You can't say "both sides broke the law so it probably evens out" it just increases the scale of the problem.
    you don't understand sarcasm?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    only if we ignore the illegal actions of the remainers side.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    I'd like to see them prosecuted as well if they broke the law.. Multiple wrongs shouldn't cancel each other out.
    You know it won't happen.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Being a pragmatic Brexiter I don't believe that it would add any value. Remember we won and all that is happening is desperate bremainers are trying to derail the Brexit process. I expect when we get the plan for brexit some tosser will complain it is on the wrong paper. I suspect they will live abroad as well.
    It will be on the wrong paper, it'll be on the Daily Mail who's owner just happens to live abroad as well.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    I was actually thinking that they spent too much on it and breached electoral rules.
    I'd like to see them prosecuted as well if they broke the law.. Multiple wrongs shouldn't cancel each other out.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Make your own complaint if you have evidence.
    Being a pragmatic Brexiter I don't believe that it would add any value. Remember we won and all that is happening is desperate bremainers are trying to derail the Brexit process. I expect when we get the plan for brexit some tosser will complain it is on the wrong paper. I suspect they will live abroad as well.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    Dear Old Greg,

This made me think of you:

Border towns boom time as southern shoppers flock to Northern Ireland - Belfast Telegraph

In a slight distortion of the KLF's words 'it's grim up North'.
    Newry Sainsbury's car park was packed with RoI cars last weekend.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Like this comment:
    That's outstanding.

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    Dear Old Greg,

This made me think of you:

Border towns boom time as southern shoppers flock to Northern Ireland - Belfast Telegraph

In a slight distortion of the KLF's words 'it's grim up North'.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X