• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Why there is always one"

Collapse

• missinggreenfields
    replied
    Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
    hmmm doubt that
    If it's not cleaner, you need to work on your ATM skills.

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    Maybe a bit cleaner.
    hmmm doubt that

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    You're going to cook her in syrup or sugar because you're mentally unstable?

Nice one!
    He borrows her dress to sign on for her while she's in Magaluf for the week.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Are you sure?!

Maybe a bit cleaner.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I would imagine NL's mind works like mine, since I assumed the name had some sort of rude connotation. Similarly whenever I heard a cashpoint referred to as an 'ATM'.
    Are you sure?!

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
    I had to go look that up - but my question to you is did you know that off the top of your head or do you check everyone's names there?

I would imagine NL's mind works like mine, since I assumed the name had some sort of rude connotation. Similarly whenever I heard a cashpoint referred to as an 'ATM'.

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Im off home to psychocandy my mrs later....
    No rush, I heard Barrydidit

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    That time of year has come around quick, this year

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    You're going to cook her in syrup or sugar because you're mentally unstable?

Nice one!

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    BTW OP. Did you check Urban Dictionary before you created your Username?
    I had to go look that up - but my question to you is did you know that off the top of your head or do you check everyone's names there?

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    Originally posted by Fronttoback View Post
    Why there is always one

Leave a comment:

• Fronttoback
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    You're a code monkey from down under. Where do these delusions of grandeur come from?
    I'm going to hit back with love.

If you want to move forward, you must let go of your ego. The way forward for good techies like you is to let go of the ego and start listening. Always be a student. Don't judge others before you have seen them in many different situations over an extended period of time. If you do these things you will rise off the tools that make you angry.

Leave a comment:

• Fronttoback
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    BTW OP. Did you check Urban Dictionary before you created your Username?
    I didn't! Nice one

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    1. Don't let them get on your nerves.
    2. Work with them on something where they can see your skills, but when it comes to presenting the solution to the business/management, let them take the lead with you backing them up.

You're above everyone. You're a contractor.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

Working...
X