• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Following my career as a check out operator at tesco, I can now join the police"

Collapse

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Just out of interest - what is the punishment for punching someone in the face? Not talking about really laying into them just one good shot in the chops?

No reason for asking erm just wondering!
    Depends.

It can vary from nothing to manslaughter as the circumstances of why you hit them are taken into account and so is the resulting injury to the person.

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Just out of interest - what is the punishment for punching someone in the face? Not talking about really laying into them just one good shot in the chops?

You are Prescott's victim and I claim my 5 free eggs

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    They are relying on the fact most people admit it when it's on video.

Even if they don't, if the actions are blatant e.g. the driver jumps out to punch some one else, a jury will convict.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    With the amount of video editing software out there, any half decent lawyer should be able to get you off.
    They have got MF off for the last 3 charges.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    With the amount of video editing software out there, any half decent lawyer should be able to get you off.
    They are relying on the fact most people admit it when it's on video.

Even if they don't, if the actions are blatant e.g. the driver jumps out to punch some one else, a jury will convict.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Police encourage public to submit 'dashcam' evidence - BBC News

Scanning my own shopping is one thing. But acting as an undercover police officer?

The UK becomes like Switzerland.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    True, the UK even has three official languages. Arabic, Hindi, & er what's that other one? Sounds like English...
    Polish?

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied

True, the UK even has three official languages. Arabic, Hindi, & er what's that other one? Sounds like English...

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    So we're meant to drive down the A55 filming someone AND drinking a coffee? Glad they've swapped out the cruise control for auto pilot.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied

Scanning my own shopping is one thing. But acting as an undercover police officer?

That's a woman driver in the photo

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied

Is there marmite hoarding going on?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    as there are no traffic officers left what else can they do? Its not a bad idea unless they base prosecutions on it.

I suspect they will only be able to send a snotty letter unless they search ANPR data and get them on an official camera.

Could be great money spinner.

Leave a comment:

• Following my career as a check out operator at tesco, I can now join the police

Working...
X