• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Jeremy Corbyn is the Prime Minister !"

Collapse

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I think if you quote the DM you automatically lose the argument That's on a par with quoting the Canary.
    He quoted Russia Today to start with so the argument was over before it began.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I think if you quote the DM you automatically lose the argument That's on a par with quoting the Canary.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    cliche
    So, no answer then......just the usual tulipe you get from an agent that won't make anything out of the conversation.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Mrs Clooney may be a virtue signaller but I am too shallow to see through her
    Agent accused of being shallow shocker........and in other news...

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied

Mrs Clooney may be a virtue signaller but I am too shallow to see through her

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    Why do people like to micro analyse someone like Corbyn (remember, he's totally unelectable) and ridicule everything he says then vote Tory in the belief that they will do something other than absolutely **** everyone up to serve their mates ??
    cliche

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    It's a case of voting for what you know.

Both parties help their mates but with Labour you don't know whether these mates are their male union comrades or foreign billionaires.
    So foreign billionaires are ok as long as they're friends of the tories

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    Why do people like to micro analyse someone like Corbyn (remember, he's totally unelectable) and ridicule everything he says then vote Tory in the belief that they will do something other than absolutely **** everyone up to serve their mates ??
    It's a case of voting for what you know.

Both parties help their mates but with Labour you don't know whether these mates are their male union comrades or foreign billionaires.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    JC has consistently and unashamedly spoken about raising taxes, surely? I mean it can hardly come as a surprise to anyone.
    He will be investing in manufacturing. I am looking forward to getting one of these

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Yes, to a 50% rate, in the past....

But, as per the article 50% won't be enough.
    The maths don't add up
    He will just raise NI - after all that's not a tax it's "insurance".

I also expect him to steal Lib Dem tax raising ideas such as council tax changed to a land value tax after all it's "only fair" and invent a social care insurance - which is not tax it's "insurance".

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    JC has consistently and unashamedly spoken about raising taxes, surely? I mean it can hardly come as a surprise to anyone.
    Yes, to a 50% rate, in the past....

But, as per the article 50% won't be enough.
    The maths don't add up

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    That seems quite honest and up-front.

Hmmmmmm........well its the first I have heard about a possible 60% tax rate.

The guy who came up with the manifesto hasn't got a lot of faith in it either:-

John McDonnell, the new shadow Chancellor, is under pressure to clarify Labour’s tax policies, with even the man credited with inventing “Corbynomics” describing the party’s tax plans as “weak”.
    So, I would say they haven't been upfront, as the maths don't add up, unless they go further than their current manifesto.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a6668566.html

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Given that's your biased opinion regardless of what they do, I can't see it changing
    I am not sure I understand your point

Leave a comment:

Working...
X