• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: So Slack

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "So Slack"

Collapse

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    I've just been a little sick in my mouth. If there was a line you crossed it.
    You can be a whole lot sick in the old man's mouth for a fiver.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    We use slack.

Have a channel hooked up to git so you can see deploys etc

also find it useful when we have a 'technical issue' the people fixing it keep posting short but regular updates on where they are

saves having some tit coming in every 5 minutes asking 'when is it going to be fixed' and 'can it be fixed any quicker'

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    This article enthuses about good old IRC and seems to suggest Slack is solving a problem that doesn't really exist. Please don’t use Slack for FOSS projects - Drew DeVault’s Blog

I don't know I quite agree - and he is speaking specifically about FOSS - but we have been using chatrooms for decades quite happily. Others can probably comment on other alternatives.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    You should know that our brains are kept in out trousers so nowhere near the ears

Ah......

Explains why you scratch the top of your head so much

y

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    You should know that our brains are kept in out trousers so nowhere near the ears
    Well there's plenty of space so why not?

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    It's quite neat BUT it's another proprietary, hosted tool. Plenty of open-source alternatives out there.
    Any good examples? Am looking for an open source enterprise messaging tool we can host ourselves for "business" purposes. Needs to be secure.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Well, if you are using mobiles and receiving those microwaves all the time, it explains why most of the agents I talk to are completely brain dead

e
    You should know that our brains are kept in our trousers/skirts so nowhere near the ears

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    It's quite neat BUT it's another proprietary, hosted tool. Plenty of open-source alternatives out there.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    We have this amazing technology called a telephone
    Well, if you are using mobiles and receiving those microwaves all the time, it explains why most of the agents I talk to are completely brain dead

e

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    That's a dog toy.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    I was thinking something similar about the sores on your and MF's rectal prolapses.
    I've affectionately named mine assguru.

Hope the rash cleared up after your last encounter with MF

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    I've just been a little sick in my mouth. If there was a line you crossed it.
    Well, surely that's a good thing, if it made you drool you probably are unsafe to be in public and you should be locked up

t

Leave a comment:

• deebeegee
    replied
    It's in use within the dev team at current clientco. It works pretty well, although it'll never be google wave (still mourning).

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    I've just been a little sick in my mouth. If there was a line you galloped across it.
    FTFY

nb this is General!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X