• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Lenzee in Scotland

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Lenzee in Scotland"

Collapse

• scooterscot
    replied
    Pish posh. Or least it used to be full of Edinburgh wanabes.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    FTFY
    Originally posted by Wetti Big Deal Birnathi View Post
    If you read my posts from yesterday you will notice that I said that I am not from India and .primary languages not being Hindi.

Je suis de Medusa

Leave a comment:

• Wetti Big Deal Birnathi
    replied
    Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
    Not sure about parking a van. There aren't any hotels in Lenzie, but Kirkintilloch is right next to it which has Smiths hotel which is nice enough.

Crowwood down in Muirhead is alright, and still within 5/10 mins of Lenzie/Kirky.

If you like curry, try Rasoi in Lenzie.

Edit: oh yes, Garfield house is nice forgot about that.
    Thankyou, sounds wonderful.

Yes, I like curry

As a woken of my gratitude I will leave you an order of bhelpuri on the door

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    What's happened to the faux Indian speak?
    You really need to be more consistent Martin, errrrrmmm.........I mean Wetti

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    If you read my posts from yesterday you will notice that I said that I am not from India and .primary languages not being Hindi.

Je suis de Maurice

Leave a comment:

• jmo21
    replied
    Are there any reasonable clean places where I could stay or places to park in a travel van safely for a few nights in the vicinity?
    Not sure about parking a van. There aren't any hotels in Lenzie, but Kirkintilloch is right next to it which has Smiths hotel which is nice enough.

Crowwood down in Muirhead is alright, and still within 5/10 mins of Lenzie/Kirky.

If you like curry, try Rasoi in Lenzie.

Edit: oh yes, Garfield house is nice forgot about that.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Are there any reasonable clean places where I could stay or places to park in a travel van safely for a few nights in the vicinity?
    You could have PMed Scroaty, he always liked his camper vans

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Lenzee or Lensee?

I may need to be spending some time there soon, can anyone tell me much about it?

I just want to know if it's nice, really.

Thanks in advance.

Leave a comment:

• Wilmslow
    replied
    It is a quiet peaceful place surrounded by countryside. I would have thought living in a van would be very safe there, the only gunshots you hear will be the grousers.

EDIT: Garfield House rings a bell as being a nice local place for food and hotel - it is a Best Western.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    No such a place as Lenzee/Lensee. Do you mean Glenshee?
    No, Lenzie

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
    Lenzie, North East Glasgow?

A lovely area I know well. Ask away.

Leave a comment:

• Wilmslow
    replied
    Lenzee or Lensee?

I may need to be spending some time there soon, can anyone tell me much about it?

I just want to know if it's nice, really.

Thanks in advance.
    I know Lenzie - I have family there. It is a quiet suburb, good train links with both Glasgow and Edinburgh.

It is a commuter town - Kirkintilloch is nearby which is a larger town with pubs, restaurants etc.

If you like golf, it has a very nice course!

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Lenzee in Scotland

No such a place as Lenzee/Lensee. Do you mean Glenshee?

Leave a comment:

• jmo21
    replied
    Lenzie, North East Glasgow?

A lovely area I know well. Ask away.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Lenzie

Leave a comment:

Working...
X