• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "CV six years out of date."

Collapse

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Just add these lines to your experience section:

2010-2016 Permanent Wage Slave

* Spent every hour of every day working for my employer
    * Grew fat on crappy hotel food and lack of exercise due to spending all my hours in airports
    * Work consisted of so much BS I've lost any skills I had
    * Looking for anything at all in desperation.

Simples.
    Thanks. Put that, and got an interview as your new boss later tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    Never more than a few months. My CV is important to me - even if in role and relatively secure. I like to know I have it ready to send to someone if required; even if for speculative purposes (or 'networking', ugh).

Cos I'm a contractor, not a perm. Like you were.

Or a perm in disguise. Like you were.
    Similar. As soon as I have achievements at my current clientco that make the cv worth updating, it gets updated. So, yeah, not changed it for four years

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Never more than a few months. My CV is important to me - even if in role and relatively secure. I like to know I have it ready to send to someone if required; even if for speculative purposes (or 'networking', ugh).

Cos I'm a contractor, not a perm. Like you were.

Or a perm in disguise. Like you were.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Just add these lines to your experience section:

2010-2016 Permanent Wage Slave

* Spent every hour of every day working for my employer
    * Grew fat on crappy hotel food and lack of exercise due to spending all my hours in airports
    * Work consisted of so much BS I've lost any skills I had
    * Looking for anything at all in desperation.

Simples.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    PM Suity.

He has had plenty of practice with CVs.
    He may just have time to turn yours around, when he isn't saving the world

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Just fired up my old contracting machine to get a CV and it's so slow, now having to performance tune the whole thing first.

Sheesh.
    Excellent - you can add performance tuning to your CV.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Just fired up my old contracting machine to get a CV and it's so slow, now having to performance tune the whole thing first.

Sheesh.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied

Oh bugger.

Looks like I haven't needed one since 2010, having done a two year contract, then a 4.5 year contract to perm where I got hired by an old boss.

What a faff. What's the longest you've had between updating a CV?
    Me too. Been at the last couple of gigs since 2011, and starting back at the previous clientco at the end of this month.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Get someone to do it for you. If you haven't already, attend one of the CV and interview advisers webinars.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...-profiles.html

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Last year. I search for work even if I have no availability. Networking

Leave a comment:

• missinggreenfields
    replied
    Last one is dated May 2012

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Oh bugger.

Looks like I haven't needed one since 2010, having done a two year contract, then a 4.5 year contract to perm where I got hired by an old boss.

Last one is dated 2011. So five years.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Oh bugger.

Isn't that more you need a new CV....

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    started a topic CV six years out of date.

CV six years out of date.

Oh bugger.

Working...
X