• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Things are on the whole quite good."

Collapse

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Blimey, Swindon has really gone downhill!!
    One of those is Syria, the other Swindon.

Sometimes it hard to tell which is which.

Leave a comment:

• The Plantswoman
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Why can’t we see that we’re living in a golden age?

According to the stats in the above article.

But is the spectator actually a believable publication? (serious question!)
    Find a cure for the big C and I'd probably agree with that.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    World is not safe with Islamic terrorism. Human race needs to eradicate Islamic terrorism. Can't call it a "Golden Age" when people are driving lorries into children, putting bombs in airports, cutting people's heads off, throwing them off buildings, shooting people in cafes and restaurants, week in and week out.
    Blimey, Swindon has really gone downhill!!

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    already has unfortunately. Obviously the spouse had a paper bag and a thing about shagging really annoying stupid people.
    I think we all did that once - or maybe twice - p'raps twice and a bit.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    Please tell me he's not allowed to breed?
    already has unfortunately. Obviously the spouse had a paper bag and a thing about shagging really annoying stupid people.

Leave a comment:

• CretinWatcher
    replied
    Anyway back on track to the theme of this thread - yes we've never had it so good.
    Dim is moaning about the Islamic terrorists - but in reality, what pathetic enemies they are.
    The best they can do is 9/11.
    In the second World War the Germans were doing a 9/11 every day for months/years on end.
    Get some fooking perspective, FFS

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    yeah I suppose your sprog needs extra help to get decent marks like mine do.
    Please tell me he's not allowed to breed?

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by CretinWatcher View Post
    Just goes to show how crap the qualification system is nowadays if your kids are getting B's and C's.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• CretinWatcher
    replied
    Just goes to show how crap the educashun system is nowadays if your kids are getting B's and C's.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Or even that there's 2 nice incomes coming in, eh?
    Gotta pay the school fees somehow - wouldn't want the sprog ending up like yours.

Leave a comment:

• CretinWatcher
    replied
    I suppose its better than your other half earning it while you play with your crayons.
    Or even that there's 2 nice incomes coming in, eh?
    Gotta pay the school fees somehow - wouldn't want the sprog ending up like yours.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    I'll say ...
    And not only did you get a low rate all your life but your wife took it all, eh?
    I suppose its better than your other half earning it while you play with your crayons.

Leave a comment:

• CretinWatcher
    replied
    Yes, I've struggled by on about £600 p/d for 15 years. It's been a terrible way to live.
    I'll say ...
    And not only did you get a low rate all your life but your wife took it all, eh?

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied

World is not safe with Islamic terrorism. Human race needs to eradicate Islamic terrorism. Can't call it a "Golden Age" when people are driving lorries into children, putting bombs in airports, cutting people's heads off, throwing them off buildings, shooting people in cafes and restaurants, week in and week out.
    Didn't you read the article?

As the author points out, it's bad luck for anyone killed by terrorism, but hardly anyone in Europe is. You're, literally, probably more likely to be struck by lightning.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    Wish I was still on 1999 rates. 750 p/d for a 6 monther, pre IR35, floated my boat for sure. Paid off most of the mortgage, and a blowout in Vegas shortly afterwards. I probably wasted the rest. Or drank it. Or a bit of both.
    Yes, I've struggled by on about £600 p/d for 15 years. It's been a terrible way to live.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X