• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "oh dear: Guy Fawkes dropped for bonfire night"

Collapse

• Buffoon
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB
    I remember when it was like downtown Beirut, must be showing my age.
    I know what you mean - but one has to keep up with the times.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by Buffoon
    Blimy! It’s like down-town Baghdad outside!

I remember when it was like downtown Beirut, must be showing my age.

Then again it's not exactly peace and tranquility there now either.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    From 'The Muslim Topic' forum:

"Is Allah bound by maths?"

Fuck off. Squared.
    Last edited by hyperD; 5 November 2006, 00:05.

Leave a comment:

• mcquiggd
    replied
    It's like Tower Hamlets inside - i'm watching 28 Days Later again...

Leave a comment:

• Buffoon
    replied
    Blimy! It’s like down-town Baghdad outside!

Leave a comment:

• mcquiggd
    replied
    To help with our diversity training, the BBC has kindly provided us with a calendar of all sorts of lovely religious festivals / holidays / excuses for days off...

I present another good use of our tax money - The Multi-Faith Calendar:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/tools/calendar/

"If there is a religious festival or holy day that you think should be included in this calendar please email us: [email protected]"

I think the Daleks and Giant Alien Lizards are under-represented.

Intersting 'The Muslim Topic' forum as well:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/mbreligion/F2213236

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Precisely. If Bengalis (I thought it was Bangaldeshis now?) want to celebrate whatever what's to stop them doing it some other day? Unless their Bengal tiger paced a giant catwalk on 5th November I suppose which I sort of doubt.

PS I think we should celebrate GF's attempt to blow up parliament by blowing up parliament.
    Last edited by xoggoth; 3 November 2006, 17:50.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by zathras
    Frankly I'm insulted. As a Catholic I think we should celebrate Catholic heros doing their bit for saving us from an oppressive Government!
    I believe the traditional way of celebrating this was to burn a few, was it not?

Leave a comment:

• Swamp Thing
    replied
    Originally posted by Mailman
    A spokesperson said "we celebrated Gweedo Fawkes last year, just as we have been celebrating every year for the last four hundred f8cking years! Honestly, you try to modernise and this is what you get!"

What next, no Santa Clause at Christmas time!

Mailman
    Didn't you hear? Santa has been outsourced to Mumbai this year...

Leave a comment:

• Mailman
    replied
    Originally posted by Xenophon
    Claus*
    I invoke my escape claus!

Mailman

Leave a comment:

• zathras
    replied
    Frankly I'm insulted. As a Catholic I think we should celebrate Catholic heros doing their bit for saving us from an oppressive Government!

In addition if memory serves James I was originally King of Scotland - so as an Englishman we should celebrate this attempt to overthrow Scottish leaders - look what problems a Scottish PM, Chancellor and Home Secretary has got us!

Leave a comment:

• sunnysan
    replied
    History repeats itself

Well the pagan Yule festival on the Winter Solstice (December 22nd), where it was customary to exchange gifts was nicely hijacked by the christians

So now Jesus was born instead. Great

Soon we wont even know who Guy Fawkes was

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by Mailman
    A spokesperson said "we celebrated Gweedo Fawkes last year, just as we have been celebrating every year for the last four hundred f8cking years! Honestly, you try to modernise and this is what you get!"

Mailman
    Claus*

Leave a comment:

• Mailman
    replied

Mailman

Leave a comment:

• sparklelard
    replied
    Perhaps someone should blow up the Tower at Hamlets

Leave a comment:

Working...
X