• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Why Britain Is Great"

Collapse

• VectraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    I suspect that ALL of them got where they are by believing in themselves and in the training and support they received from funds supplied by either private sponsors or Lottery Funding.
    How many of them won medals as a result of EU funding or involvement I wonder?
    Well you could say that the conditions for success were created by the strong and stable economy we had in our 40+ years of EU/EEC membership. As you said none of these people get to that level of success without financial backing from somewhere; believing in yourself isn't enough.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post

How many of them got where they are by giving up and walking away when they didn't get everything they want?
    I suspect that ALL of them got where they are by believing in themselves and in the training and support they received from funds supplied by either private sponsors or Lottery Funding.
    How many of them won medals as a result of EU funding or involvement I wonder?

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by Flashman View Post
    Exactly. People will be wondering what all the fuss was about leaving.
    Exactly. It won't make any difference to all the things people blamed on the EU and everyone will wonder what all the fuss was about. Glad we're in agreement.

Meanwhile isolated, insignificant little Britain seems to be doing ok.

How many of them got where they are by giving up and walking away when they didn't get everything they want?

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by Flashman View Post

Yes, it's amazing how well a country can perform at a sporting event - no politics involved. People proud to represent their nation without concern for how they voted in recent referendum(s).

It's possible to be proud to be British, no matter how you feel about the politics of it. Shame you don't get that.

I wonder how the Daily Mail will report the immigrant Muslim claiming benefits who won gold for GB in the 10,000m.

Leave a comment:

• Flashman
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    My prediction: 15 years times we will look back on the EU and think "was there ever any point"
    Exactly. People will be wondering what all the fuss was about leaving. The same sad little bunch will still be moaning on here though...

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    We haven't left yet, and my bet is that something will happen between now and 2019 that will stop us from leaving.

The Government isn't hedging its bets, it's plotting a scheme!

Expect an aircraft ploughing into the "soon to be empty" HoP soon...

Leave a comment:

• m0n1k3r
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Well Britain might have wait a bit longer to become "great" again.

Brexit 'will be delayed until 2019' – Article 50 unlikely in January | Metro News

Good. By delaying indefinitely we show that we have taken back control.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Well Britain might have wait a bit longer to become "great" again.

Brexit 'will be delayed until 2019' – Article 50 unlikely in January | Metro News

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Without Scotland the UK would not be doing nearly as well.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    My prediction: 15 years times we will look back on the EU and think "was there ever any point"
    Do you reckon you'll live to see it at your current rate?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by CretinWatcher View Post
    Wrong. In 15 years the younger generation will take us back in.
    The EU or whatever it is called then won't want us back as we would have sold everything to China.

Leave a comment:

• CretinWatcher
    replied
    Wrong. In 15 years the younger generation will take us back in.

Leave a comment:

• CretinWatcher
    replied
    started early again?
    ]Maybe innovation is less important than keeping the 50% of every population that is thick in employment. Germany may not be as innovative but they have Loads of 100 year old family owned companies that simply are the best at what they do.
    Contrast an innovative Dyson (utter plastic crap) with a Miele (excellent).
    if our innovation is so great how come our current account deficit is the largest in the developed world?

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    I honestly can't see Germany, Might be the red circle behind France,

Leave a comment:

Working...
X