• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Car Cycle Carrier

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Car Cycle Carrier"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    AYCOTBAC??????

This is what my accountant drives

10 Most Expensive Luxury Motorhomes in the World - TheRichest

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    You forgot the bigger problem - WHITE VAN MAN!
    White? We're contractors, individuals, therefore surely colour would come into it...

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
    I am soon going to need to buy a cycle carrier for up to 4 cycles.
    Only 4 bikes? INKSPE....

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Get a Ford Transit, that should do the trick (and it'll keep them dry and they won't fall off causing problems for all other motorists)
    You forgot the bigger problem - WHITE VAN MAN!

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Get a Ford Transit, that should do the trick (and it'll keep them dry and they won't fall off causing problems for all other motorists)

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    I got a Saris Bones one. Simple to use (I borrowed a Halfords one off a mate to try and fell out with it after about 40 minutes tw@ting about), but only holds 3 bikes. They do ones which attach to the towbar, if you have one of those?
    I've got one of those too. It's OK, but the buckles are a bit fiddly.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied

Talking of keeping on track, WTF has this got to do with sky fairies, NLYUK's skills, kittens , Brexit or Racism?
    ftfy

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
    Keep it on track please all, as I am keen to sort this carrier problem out pdq
    Post in technical if you don't want it hijacking with brainfarts

Talking of keeping on track, WTF has this got to do with Brexit or Racism?

Leave a comment:

• b0redom
    replied
    Thule G6 929. The absolute dog's danglies..... Depends on how much you value your bikes, but it will lock each bike to the rack separately, the rack to the car and even tip the whole thing away from the car so you can access the boot without taking it off.

You do need a towbar though.

Leave a comment:

• kaiser78
    replied

I've always wondered this. Does it say in the instructions that you HAVE to do something utterly unexpected if you find yourself in the presence of other drivers? Surely it must. The only other explanation i've been able to think of is that they're exclusively driven by complete and utter chunts.
    Keep it on track please all, as I am keen to sort this carrier problem out pdq

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    WE have a zafira

I've always wondered this. Does it say in the instructions that you HAVE to do something utterly unexpected if you find yourself in the presence of other drivers? Surely it must. The only other explanation i've been able to think of is that they're exclusively driven by complete and utter chunts.

Leave a comment:

• kaiser78
    replied
    Something like this but not sure if any good ?

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    I've got this one

Exodus 4 Bike Platform Cycle Carrie...

It weighs a flipping ton and is a right faff.

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    I got a Saris Bones one. Simple to use (I borrowed a Halfords one off a mate to try and fell out with it after about 40 minutes tw@ting about), but only holds 3 bikes. They do ones which attach to the towbar, if you have one of those?

Leave a comment:

• kaiser78
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    On and off car. WE have a zafira

Well, naturally, that is just the family car. I have a Bentley. And so does my butler....
    Of yes of course.

I am looking for a trailer type carrier.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X