• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Perfect end to a Monday"

Collapse

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by Malcolm Buggeridge View Post

It was going where she wanted to go.

It just didn't stop there....
    So that Jethro joke can happen in real life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_axHV2wx8RA
    Last edited by OwlHoot; 2 August 2016, 09:55.

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Im with MB on this one. If you've got a two seat to yourself on a train its better than driving.
    Not everyone is as morbidly obese as MF, you know.

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    Well, the thing that works for me is, I go online and check which train I need and then go to the station and catch it. I dont get on to a random train and ask the staff if it goes to where I want to go.
    Well, for someone as cretinous as yerself, it is quite some progress lad.

You working with Suity these days?

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    You've got to be joking.

Westbury - Reading is about 1 hour, I get a seat to myself most mornings & it's only £3:20 to park for the day.

Why in the name of God would I want to drive?
    Im with MB on this one. If you've got a two seat to yourself on a train its better than driving. After all you can't kip when you're driving.

Of course, being rammed on sitting next to someones who buzzing and/or standing up is indeed well crap.

Leave a comment:

• Malcolm Buggeridge
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    Well, the thing that works for me is, I go online and check which train I need and then go to the station and catch it. I dont get on to a random train and ask the staff if it goes to where I want to go.
    It was going where she wanted to go.

It just didn't stop there....

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    So are you saying that you shagged that woman?

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post

I've never once failed to get a seat to myself in my car.
    I have. After trimming a large hedge in my parents' garden, and stuffing the cuttings in my Rangerover, I found I didn't have enough room for myself!

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    why do you think she ran to Taunton?

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Perfect end to a Monday

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    I get a seat to myself most mornings
    I've never once failed to get a seat to myself in my car.

Leave a comment:

• Malcolm Buggeridge
    replied
    Maybe you (and her) should have a look here:

Auto Trader UK - New & used cars for sale
    You've got to be joking.

Westbury - Reading is about 1 hour, I get a seat to myself most mornings & it's only £3:20 to park for the day.

Why in the name of God would I want to drive?

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    I was in Reading yesterday & went to get the 17:05 back to God's own country to find that an earlier delayed service was about to depart.

Great, I thought, until a double take at the board told me next stop was Taunton at which point I hopped off & walked down the platform to my usual spot.

Then some woman poked her head out the window & asked the BR guy standing on the platform if the train was going to Hungerford.

Yes, he said at which point I interrupted & told her he was talking out of his arris.

It was at this point there was an audible click and the poor girl found herself locked on the train and there was nothing this jobsworth was going to do about it other than telling her she can change in Taunton.

I'll never forget the look on her face as she receded into the distance - her gaze fixed on me as the awful realisation of what she was about to go through sank in.

Pure Celia Johnson.

Do you think she's got a right to any redress?

(I actually looked at the live tracker & her train got to Taunton just in time to miss the last train back to Hungerford for 2 hours meaning, by my reckoning, she wouldn't be home until 11pm or so - a full 6 hours later)
    Bit of round trip that one for a short journey home....

Leave a comment:

• Forgotmylogin
    replied

Home
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied

Auto Trader UK - New & used cars for sale