• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Yorkshire Day

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Yorkshire Day"

Collapse

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    His mother wasn't born. In 1976 they had yet to discover sexual intercourse in FLC's neck of the woods. At that time they used to replenish the family group by raiding warthog litters. That explains his "appeal".
    Something else that has yet to be discovered. Coincidence?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    FLC's mother was born in 1976????
    that makes her forty now.

Young enough to have FLC as a Gymslip romance (well a quickie in the bike sheds for a Lambert & Butter or if she was classy a B&H).

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    Somewhere out there is a tree, tirelessly producing oxygen so you can breathe. I think you owe it an apology.
    So, the bit about you being warthog spawn is untrue

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    His mother wasn't born. In 1976 they had yet to discover sexual intercourse in FLC's neck of the woods. At that time they used to replenish the family group by raiding warthog litters. That explains his "appeal".
    Somewhere out there is a tree, tirelessly producing oxygen so you can breathe. I think you owe it an apology.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    It also gave us FatLazyContractor.

He's all theirs, The Pride of Yorkshire

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    no way to speak about FLC's mother.

And yes she does...

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    I'll spare a nostalgic smile for a filthy blonde minx from Pontefract. Happy days. No idea what she's up to now, but given what we got up to, she'll have a chuff like Dumbledore's sleeve if she kept it up.
    no way to speak about FLC's mother.

And yes she does...

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    I'll spare a nostalgic smile for a filthy blonde minx from Pontefract. Happy days. No idea what she's up to now, but given what we got up to, she'll have a chuff like Dumbledore's sleeve if she kept it up.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    It also gave us FatLazyContractor.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    A day to celebrate a humble people whose quiet modesty means they often pass unnoticed

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    You're lucky, I have to live in Yorkshire.....

Lanky-tulipe, la, la, la, la...........
    https://www.buzzfeed.com/jimwaterson...han-lancashire

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    The best thing about Yorkshire is the wall we built and covered in grass to keep em out of Lancashire.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    ... and me.
    I thought this thread was about great things...

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    FFS!! Why on earth should we be "celebrating" the place that gave us the Ripper, Jimmy Savile, the Rotherham Paedo Ring and Arthur fooking Scargill?
    We ought to be covering the existence of Yorkshire UP, not announcing it. Maybe we could give the job of burying it to the South Yorkshire Police?

Honestly, what next? National Gurning Simpleton Day with sas as poster boy, resplendent in his Dobby outfit??!!

Not if you want it covered up properly...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X