• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Call for WTFH to resign as a mod"

Collapse

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Are shooters optional? Is the celebrity guest Michael Barrymore?
    No, shooters are obligatory, just in case Barrymore turns up. And anyone who was in Black Lace, and whoever was in charge of catering at the service station somewhere near Bristol where I got food poisoning in the late 70's. The worst thing that ever happened in a Fiat, I can assure you - getting killed in one doesn't even come close...

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    Does that mean the pool party I inadvertently mentioned on Facebook is off?
    Are shooters optional? Is the celebrity guest Michael Barrymore?

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Nah. I'd banned all the posters.
    So the usual "sledgehammer" approach then. Well, it's always worked before. Oh, hang on...

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Did you forget your password on day 2?
    Nah. I'd banned all the posters.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    By the end of day 1 as moderator, all dissent and crap posting had been stopped on CUK.
    End of day 1 - by the time noon had rolled round the only people able to access the site was you, cojak and admin, every other poster had been banned (Nat had done his typical attempt to ban people and managed to "accidently" ban himself)..

You are correct that all dissent and crap posting had been stopped. It took a week for Nick and Admin to resolve the mess you had created...

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    By the end of day 1 as moderator, all dissent and crap posting had been stopped on CUK.
    Did you forget your password on day 2?

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    We will discuss this when I'm back. I shall be reducing your allowance and make sure the house is tidy.
    Does that mean the pool party I inadvertently mentioned on Facebook is off?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    When MF was a Mod he cast a long shadow over the role. Come to think of it though, he casts a long shadow over all of his roles!

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    rolls or roles?
    Both. In fact rolls, roles, and profiteroles is his family motto!

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    When MF was a Mod he cast a long shadow over the role. Come to think of it though, he casts a long shadow over all of his roles!
    rolls or roles?

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    Can we clear this up, MF is not my owner - MF doesn't believe in ownership (everything is on tick - or credit cards, in his case).
    How do I rate him? Well, he's a blatant grass - the crippled gypsy child episode proves that, along with the wailing which ensued when he discovered I had nicked some of his precious test network to repair an actual network. Plus he's an ungrateful bugger - I found a shedload of "gentleman's special interest" material on his network drive, and deleted it - he complained that I should have burned it to DVD for him instead.
    But on the whole, as a mod he made a good fist of it. Make of that what you will...
    We will discuss this when I'm back. I shall be reducing your allowance and make sure the house is tidy.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    I am on holiday. Have just started to read posts and this thread, and have no context.

With that in mind, you do come across as a thin skinned, billy bandwagon type of moderator, alike the style of NAT, but withou the dry wit or cuckoo clocks on the wall.

Complete bias and a heavy hand is required to be a decent moderator on this forum, something I had in spades when I was in a moderator. You just don't have it to cut the mustard.

MF in 'I was the best mod ever' mode
    This post sums up why WTFH should stay on as mod. Better the clown/devil you know.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    What is my biggest problem? (Have you seen the medical results?)
    I am on holiday. Have just started to read posts and this thread, and have no context.

With that in mind, you do come across as a thin skinned, billy bandwagon type of moderator, alike the style of NAT, but withou the dry wit or cuckoo clocks on the wall.

Complete bias and a heavy hand is required to be a decent moderator on this forum, something I had in spades when I was in a moderator. You just don't have it to cut the mustard.

You were a bed-wetting embarrassment. Bring back scotspine.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    FTFY
    Complete bias and a heavy hand is required to be a decent moderator on this forum, something I had in spades when I was in a moderator for just 1 day. You just don't have it to cut the mustard.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X