• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Kickass Torrents taken down"

Collapse

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    Not sure I want to say. Okay then, it's Bunheads.
    That looks quite amusing

My friend, the one I mentioned, is trying to download it now. It shows 8 seeds and very good availability, currently pouring in at over 10Mbps, ETA 2 hours

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    They're on Youtube but in a stupid frame; could rip them with 4K Downloader and crop them?
    I've watched a few on YouTube with the stupid frame, but it has the music cut out which is annoying. Most things seem to end up on YouTube but typically with stupid frames, slowed down or sped up audio, and a mirrored image. I guess all to defeat any automatic systems looking for piracy.

I have limited tolerance for these things. I'd honestly rather pay to watch. I have Netflix and Amazon and a NowTV account if there's anything on Sky (Game of Thrones once a year). Why isn't everything on or other of those?

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Yes done that. Doesn't seem to help very much.

On the occasions I've tried to get something that's just been broadcast it takes no time at all. Bit harder for anything that's not been around for a while.

They're on Youtube but in a stupid frame; could rip them with 4K Downloader and crop them?

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    Interesting... so find a list of "known good trackers" and update the tracker list for the torrent. That often gets things moving again.
    Yes done that. Doesn't seem to help very much.

On the occasions I've tried to get something that's just been broadcast it takes no time at all. Bit harder for anything that's not been around for a while.

Out of interest, which TV series were you having trouble with?

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    I've been trying to torrent something recently ( a short lived US TV series that is impossible to get legitimately ). After leaving it going for a week I eventually got a few of the episodes, but some have stuck permanently at 0% and more annoyingly there's a couple that have partially downloaded. And this has largely been my experience of Torrents; ridiculously slow and painful.
    Interesting... so find a list of "known good trackers" and update the tracker list for the torrent. That often gets things moving again.

Sometimes if there are very few seeds (1 or 2, or even 0) it can takes weeks, it's true. But someone I know who does this a lot told me that most of his torrents complete in under an hour or two, occasionally a day or two. He did have one recently that took several weeks (there was one seed who popped up every now and again) but even that one completed successfully.

Out of interest, which TV series were you having trouble with?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    The theory is if you use a VPN, and something like Peerblock you're safe.

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Albert
    replied
    Originally posted by missinggreenfields View Post
    Is KAT back up with a different country URL yet?
    No idea, but TorrentDay is working.

Leave a comment:

• missinggreenfields
    replied
    Is KAT back up with a different country URL yet?

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Is that what Mr DA says?
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Like having sex with an 80 year old
    Is that what MrsDA says?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    its true than, there are no depths Dodgy won't go to if he wants to get you a contract.

I bet you are Glad Jerry Hall is in there now?

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    I've been trying to torrent something recently ( a short lived US TV series that is impossible to get legitimately ). After leaving it going for a week I eventually got a few of the episodes, but some have stuck permanently at 0% and more annoyingly there's a couple that have partially downloaded. And this has largely been my experience of Torrents; ridiculously slow and painful.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Try a seedbox, they are better connected and if you get one with a gigabyte connection some things download in like 2 secs literally. Obvs. you have to then download off the seedbox but at least you got it!

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    FTFY

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    As I've said before, letter lands on my mat, I've been caught downloading p@rn. Pay up £400 or we'll take you to court etc. How many fellas would stump up to avoid the mrs finding out? Obviously, no worries in my case as the Mrs rejoices, in the fact, that she will be left alone.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X