• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Britain to get absolutely everything it wants from Brexit negotiations"

Collapse

• CretinWatcher
    replied
    Originally posted by GB9 View Post
    The good news for your lot is that we will drag you forward with us, even though you deserve to be left to wallow in your own misery.
    Nah Mate. It doesn't work like that.

Hth, but you will soon enough

Leave a comment:

• GB9
    replied
    Originally posted by CretinWatcher View Post
    The ones who voted for Brexit are certainly going to get a horrible awakening, certainly
    The good news for your lot is that we will drag you forward with us, even though you deserve to be left to wallow in your own misery.

Leave a comment:

• CretinWatcher
    replied
    I bet they wouldn't. I think some of you have completely missed what this referendum was about and what happens next.
    The ones who voted for Brexit are certainly going to get a horrible awakening, certainly

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    The idiocy of some people astounds me
    Lots of things astound you. That is because you are a special kind of dim!!

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    I bet they wouldn't. I think some of you have completely missed what this referendum was about and what happens next.
    No one has actually said what is going to happen next, officially. There's a lot of hot air going on but until someone in power says that Article 50 will be revoked on such and such a day and that the 1972 European Act will be repealed in Parliament on such and such a date, after it has been debated and put to the vote then nothing has really changed in the political sphere...

Leave a comment:

• GB9
    replied
    Originally posted by Bee View Post
    I bet they would activate the article 50 in the day after.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Well actually I think it's more fundamental than that. It's Maggie's insistence that manufacturing could be got rid of and that services were the way forward. I agreed with her at the time, how could I not, I was a passionate programmer in my teens. Now with the benefit of hindsight and experience, it seems obvious that with that policy 50% of the population would be left behind. We needed the factory jobs if not the mines. If we had those we would also have something to sell the rest of the world. you can't sell services into India, China or Brazil, at least not for a very long time.
    Wasn't the plan to deport that 50% down the salt mines or something?

Leave a comment:

• CretinWatcher
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    It's going to hard to find a single point but one of the prime causes is when in 2001 Gordon "protected" us from the .com crash and introduced working tax credits.
    Well actually I think it's more fundamental than that. It's Maggie's insistence that manufacturing could be got rid of and that services were the way forward. I agreed with her at the time, how could I not, I was a passionate programmer in my teens. Now with the benefit of hindsight and experience, it seems obvious that with that policy 50% of the population would be left behind. We needed the factory jobs if not the mines. If we had those we would also have something to sell the rest of the world. you can't sell services into India, China or Brazil, at least not for a very long time.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Sometime between my teenage years and middle age Britain turned into a banana republic. Banana republic is as banana republic does and we have all the key properties: the populists who manipulate people with poor education, the huge debt, the "reliance on strangers" economy, and most of all the misplaced exceptionalism.

I remember going for interview at GEC Rugby. What happened to GEC, ICI and the like. If we had them the numbers would have added up for Brexit, now they don't as some of you innumerate dolts are about to discover.
    It's going to hard to find a single point but one of the prime causes is when in 2001 Gordon "protected" us from the .com crash and introduced working tax credits.

Leave a comment:

• CretinWatcher
    replied
    Sometime between my teenage years and middle age Britain turned into a banana republic. Banana republic is as banana republic does and we have all the key properties: the populists who manipulate people with poor education, the huge debt, the "reliance on strangers" economy, and most of all the misplaced exceptionalism.

I remember going for interview at GEC Rugby. What happened to GEC, ICI and the like. If we had them the numbers would have added up for Brexit, now they don't as some of you innumerate dolts are about to discover.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by Bee View Post
    I don't believe that they would but then you probably wouldn't be aware that they don't tend to do referendums in Germany due to someone a long time ago using a referendum (4 times if I'm not wrong) to put him into power. As it is, since Brexit (which actually hasn't happened), Germany along with much of Europe has become more pro-EU, I wonder why?

Mind you, that article does go to show that other people had started to plan for a Brexit in other countries which seems to be more than the UK government have...

Leave a comment:

• Bee
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    It seems that the Germans were more organised than the Leave campaign when it came to a Brexit vote: https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...brexit-britain

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Unfortunately they don't have a CUK forum for you to fawn and dribble about how wonderful Germans and Germany are.
    How would you know, you can't see further than the end of your bigotry

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    US bank buys new office block in London - BBC News

URL changed.

Leave a comment:

• missinggreenfields
    replied
    Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
    Well you should read up on how ARM (Formerly Acorn Risc Machines) came about and you might understand that those that started it might be looking elsewhere for their excitement, and are very happy with the golden handshake.
    The company has never been "Acorn Risc Machines". It was "Advanced RISC Machines Ltd" when it was first set up.

I got a load of shares from when I held Acorn shares and Acorn closed down - so today's news makes happy reading.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X