• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "wow, Switzerland is expensive"

Collapse

• Bee
    replied
    I miss king's kurry and Blue Monkeys restaurants.

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    KARBOOM...

Not only landed my first direct Swiss client, but doubled the scope of work.
    Have a Swiss banana....

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    I'm really pleased because I went to the Pølservogn yesterday after thinking it's was more pork sausages I'd previously got bored with but yes, they have ost pølser, aka käsewurst, aka cheese sausage!

Thinner than the German variety, but longer, so swings and roundabouts really.

Plus a massive dollop of the weakest-tasting mustard I've ever had and fried onion that to be honest had been fried to crispy chippy-like batter scraps. Bin for those two. And a nice piece of bread, Danish bread is nice, 28DKr, cheaper than Leeds German Market...

Really pleased that rates are so high here, pound is so shiit and yet stuff isn't that dear!

Leave a comment:

• Bee
    replied
    KARBOOM...

Not only landed my first direct Swiss client, but doubled the scope of work.

Beginning to like Monday's.

Com On' Com' On turn radio on.. It's Monday morning and I want to party on.
    Congratulations.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Yes, it has been noted that you are so fooking dim you don't know what day of the week it is!

When weekdays seem like weekends... just trust me.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    I only got the notification today. But I've been thinking it's Monday all day.
    Yes, it has been noted that you are so fooking dim you don't know what day of the week it is!

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Why would that affect your Swiss contract? It was business as usual here on Monday.

FTFY
    I only got the notification today. But I've been thinking it's Monday all day.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Burst my bubbled what not.

Good point - yesterday was 'Tag der Deutschen Einheit' - So the working week has just begun here.
    Why would that affect your Swiss contract? It was business as usual here on Monday.

Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Perch probably, the Swiss do have the most boring fish dishes in Europe.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    FTFY
    To an extent. He upgraded from the rump to the fillet the next time we went.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    FTFY

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

LondonManc will now pay for his son's new gotten expensive tastes.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Your son's got expensive tastes.
    Haha, no, it was a special treat for him. His sister was on a pamper day with his mum so I took him out for a stomach pampering

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    I took my son to the Hawksmoor in Manchester. He loved it. I think they were more impressed that a 15-year-old lad wanted his steak medium rare.

Your son's got expensive tastes.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    You've never dined at Hawksmoor then...
    I took my son to the Hawksmoor in Manchester. He loved it. I think they were more impressed that a 15-year-old lad wanted his steak medium rare.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Perch probably, the Swiss do have the most boring fish dishes in Europe.
    Do you include the Slovakians in that?

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    That's nothing special for London, but expensive for pretty much anywhere else in the country. I'm assuming €300-400/night? Just because you earn a lot doesn't stop that being quite a lot, in the same way that if you're a millionaire, £50 for a steak is still fairly expensive regardless of the fact you can easily afford it.
    You've never dined at Hawksmoor then...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X