• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "UK job vacancy adverts fall by 700,000 in the week after Brexit"

Collapse

• CretinWatcher
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    You should get to know him

this link will help you....

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    You should get to know him

this link will help you....

Leave a comment:

• CretinWatcher
    replied
    Hey do you know a guy called Ken M?
    Yes. Well actually I know 2 Kens, none are an M I think

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by CretinWatcher View Post
    I rest my case. Devoid of any points, let's go ad hominem.
    Hey do you know a guy called Ken M?

Leave a comment:

• CretinWatcher
    replied
    No point in asking him you need to ask his mummy and daddy.
    I rest my case. Devoid of any points, let's go ad hominem.

Leave a comment:

• CretinWatcher
    replied
    Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    Please oh wise lord, tell me what us little people should do? For you have all the wisdom known to mankind.
    We should have a second referendum and avoid the madness

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Please oh wise lord, tell me what us little people should do? For you have all the wisdom known to mankind.
    No point in asking him you need to ask his mummy and daddy.

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    Originally posted by CretinWatcher View Post
    You see the problem is that every time any Brexiteer posts on here all you get is a bunch of platitudes, nothing specific. A bit like their vote, hit and hope. No way to decide the fate of a country is it?
    So when evidence is provided that "Project Fear", as they labelled experts testimony, is actually coming true, all they can do is cover their ears and shout loudly.

FFS even one of the more bizarre claims (as even I thought at the time) about BREXIT making war in Europe more likely seems to have had some basis, since Russia seeing the weakness and disunity of the West is making noises on the eastern fringe and British troops have had to go into Estonia in the last week.

As for the economic cost, you can see it happening already, and it will only accelerate once Article 50 is invoked.

And in the long term, all I hear from Brexiteers is inane optimism - no ideas on how to reduce our twin deficits, what exactly we're going to trade once we get all those theroretical agreements etc.

It's basically some childish "La la I don't want to know, it'll all be alright" fantasyland.

Leave a comment:

• CretinWatcher
    replied
    You see the problem is that every time any Brexiteer posts on here all you get is a bunch of platitudes, nothing specific. A bit like their vote, hit and hope. No way to decide the fate of a country is it?
    So when evidence is provided that "Project Fear", as they labelled experts testimony, is actually coming true, all they can do is cover their ears and shout loudly.

FFS even one of the more bizarre claims (as even I thought at the time) about BREXIT making war in Europe more likely seems to have had some basis, since Russia seeing the weakness and disunity of the West is making noises on the eastern fringe and British troops have had to go into Estonia in the last week.

As for the economic cost, you can see it happening already, and it will only accelerate once Article 50 is invoked.

And in the long term, all I hear from Brexiteers is inane optimism - no ideas on how to reduce our twin deficits, what exactly we're going to trade once we get all those theroretical agreements etc.

It's basically some childish "La la I don't want to know, it'll all be alright" fantasyland.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Great. Let's do it.... only the government's doing feck all, there's no direction, and there's uncertainty in the market. If the government could come up with a coherent place - or the Brexiters had done so in the months before the referendum, perhaps we could all pull together. At the moment though, we've got nothing to pull behind!
    In reality it is only what 20 days since the vote.

The tories will have a leader soon - but it will be September apparently...

So in the short term do the right thing - you know work hard, love thy neighbour and enjoy life!

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied

"People are entitled to have tantrums, obviously. But I’d much rather that the many decent, patriotic voters who backed Remain now helped forge a new consensus behind a looser deal with the EU. I wrote on this site on the day of the referendum that a close vote either way would oblige the winning side to take on board the concerns of the losers. We must now do precisely that."
    Great. Let's do it.... only the government's doing feck all, there's no direction, and there's uncertainty in the market. If the government could come up with a coherent place - or the Brexiters had done so in the months before the referendum, perhaps we could all pull together. At the moment though, we've got nothing to pull behind!

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    Indeed - i find a lot of these people are so used to hearing the answer they want to hear and when they do not they have a tantrum and mummy and daddy will come and change the answer because he is their precious little soldier.

He simply cannot see past the huge chunk of entitlement he has to understand that just because he does not like the answer it does not mean it is wrong.

It's all a question of upbringing really - I blame the parents!
    Good old Daniel Hannan has a nice piece:

Daniel Hannan: Instead of sulking, Remainers should accept the result and work for a better future - Conservative Home 7th July

"People are entitled to have tantrums, obviously. But I’d much rather that the many decent, patriotic voters who backed Remain now helped forge a new consensus behind a looser deal with the EU. I wrote on this site on the day of the referendum that a close vote either way would oblige the winning side to take on board the concerns of the losers. We must now do precisely that."

Leave a comment:

• Bluenose
    replied
    The exponential growth of the FTSE250 in the past 20 years has been so strong that I find all of this market talk a nonsense.

I am not worried about the pound until I go back on hols to Spain. As the BOE does not seem to be in the mood to increase rates to put a floor under the pound, the market decided the $1.29 range was a baseline months ago, it seems they got one thing right. I am stunned they got this one call correct.

The current equities 'market' cant plan any further than beyond 5 seconds at a time.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
    CW's problem is this :

He cannot stand being "wrong". So he cannot reconcile himself with the fact that 17 million people in the UK made a different choice to him.

He has two coping strategies:
    The first is to wade through every story and highlight every piece of bad news, imagined or real.
    The second is to hurl insults at everyone who voted the other way.

Rather than considering that the opinions of 17M people might have some validity and that they may well have felt that the EU was remote, aloof, undemocratic and not working for them he'd rather assume that they are either stupid or racist. Because to accept that they may have a valid point of view is to accept that he is not always right.

It's easier to insult those who disagree with you rather than consider their position and circumstances.

Of course there is going to be a lot of bad news. This is not a surprise. The country is effectively leaderless until 9th September and we're in the middle of the biggest upheaval in European politics since the Germans stomped into Poland.

This could be the breaking of the UK. But equally it could be the re-making of it. It's going to take several years to find out which way it's going to go.
    Indeed - i find a lot of these people are so used to hearing the answer they want to hear and when they do not they have a tantrum and mummy and daddy will come and change the answer because he is their precious little soldier.

He simply cannot see past the huge chunk of entitlement he has to understand that just because he does not like the answer it does not mean it is wrong.

It's all a question of upbringing really - I blame the parents!

Leave a comment:

• tomtomagain
    replied
    CW's problem is this :

He cannot stand being "wrong". So he cannot reconcile himself with the fact that 17 million people in the UK made a different choice to him.

He has two coping strategies:
    The first is to wade through every story and highlight every piece of bad news, imagined or real.
    The second is to hurl insults at everyone who voted the other way.

Rather than considering that the opinions of 17M people might have some validity and that they may well have felt that the EU was remote, aloof, undemocratic and not working for them he'd rather assume that they are either stupid or racist. Because to accept that they may have a valid point of view is to accept that he is not always right.

It's easier to insult those who disagree with you rather than consider their position and circumstances.

Of course there is going to be a lot of bad news. This is not a surprise. The country is effectively leaderless until 9th September and we're in the middle of the biggest upheaval in European politics since the Germans stomped into Poland.

This could be the breaking of the UK. But equally it could be the re-making of it. It's going to take several years to find out which way it's going to go.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X