• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Golden goose killed. What now?"

Collapse

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    MF ? Too big and a massive failure in life.
    MF the Movie: 2 Big 2 Fail

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    No such thing as too big to fail.
    MF ? Too big and a massive failure in life.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Trillions of Euros will be pumped into it. Too big to fail.
    No such thing as too big to fail.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by diseasex View Post
    Banks are saying that if they'd need pasporting rights they'd estabilish small office in germany and do the work in London.
    As of now, not much changed, some might indeed be better off outside of Eu. That doesn't change my mind about brexit though.
    If they had any sense, they'd go to Luxembourg for the lowest CT. Perhaps Osborne saw that coming which may be why he announced the CT rate cut the other day.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Deutsche Bank will be going nowhere except down the pan once their shares drop into single figures and they suspend trading.

Their debt and leverage is astronomical.

2016-07-10 Deutsche Bank's Chief Economist Calls For €150 Billion Bailout Of European Banks
    I'd be quite surprised to learn that Deutsche Bank were HQ'd anywhere other than Frankfurt.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    And now finally we see where the money was really going....

Looks like this Brexit thing may be shaking quite a few skeletons out of the tree (or something)

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    This.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    See, you do GAS.
    I GAS about earnings here being taken abroad rather than being reinvested in the UK, which is clearly a big problem.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Deutsche Bank will be going nowhere except down the pan once their shares drop into single figures and they suspend trading.

2016-07-10 Deutsche Bank's Chief Economist Calls For €150 Billion Bailout Of European Banks

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    I can see the Euro taking a larger long term hit than Sterling. Once the dust cloud has settled, £ will be better and people will panic that Germany is the only financial powerhouse that can bolster the Euro.
    See, you do GAS.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied

I believe their debt and leverage is astronomical (although I may be thinking of some other bank).

Given that they failed the Fed's stress tests, you've probably picked the right bank.

Leave a comment:

• diseasex
    replied
    Banks are saying that if they'd need pasporting rights they'd estabilish small office in germany and do the work in London.
    As of now, not much changed, some might indeed be better off outside of Eu. That doesn't change my mind about brexit though.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

Deutsche Bank confirmed they're moving their HQ to from London to Frankfurt.

It's beginning.

... as the Italian Prime Minister admitted last week, the core risk for Europe is not just the Italian banking sector but the biggest bank of all in Europe: Deutsche Bank.

Recall last Thursday, when speaking at a joint news conference with Swedish Prime Minister Stefan Lofven, Matteo Renzi said other European banks had much bigger problems than their Italian counterparts.

"If this non-performing loan problem is worth one, the question of derivatives at other banks, at big banks, is worth one hundred. This is the ratio: one to one hundred," Renzi said.

He was, of course, referring to the tens of trillions of derivatives on Deutsche Bank's books. ...
    Last edited by OwlHoot; 11 July 2016, 09:24.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    So was I. Weaker pound means that imports - oil, food - become more expensive. The pounds you're earning won't be buying you as much. Hopefully, it's temporary, and the rates will improve as the plan for Brexit gets rolled out, and the uncertainty concerning Britain's economic future settles down.
    I can see the Euro taking a larger long term hit than Sterling. Once the dust cloud has settled, £ will be better and people will panic that Germany is the only financial powerhouse that can bolster the Euro.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    I was referring to exchange rates.
    So was I. Weaker pound means that imports - oil, food - become more expensive. The pounds you're earning won't be buying you as much. Hopefully, it's temporary, and the rates will improve as the plan for Brexit gets rolled out, and the uncertainty concerning Britain's economic future settles down.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X