• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Golden goose killed. What now?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really hoped the Remainers would stop with the lies and scaremongering after the result but its actually getting worse this morning.

Just stop it and get on with the rest of your life.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashman View Post
      I really hoped the Remainers would stop with the lies and scaremongering after the result but its actually getting worse this morning.

Just stop it and get on with the rest of your life.
      The BBC fell for it. They had it as one of their flash headlines for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
        City won't be the same , pound tumbled so it won't be as profitable to earn in pound.
        The hell brexiters, what were you thinking ???!!!
        I earn in USD

BOOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck View Post
          Give it a week. Everything will be back to normal.
          and if it isn't, a weak pound is far from disastrous.

The UK could start raising interest rates slightly, and thereby maybe help fire up the whole World economy, which is currently in the doldrums.
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Looks like Sturgeon is making noises about Indyref2. Apparently "Scotland" wants to stay in the EU and feels cheated.
            IIRC, Cameron first mooted the idea of an EU Referendum in 2013, over a year before the Scots voted by a significant margin to remain as part of the UK.
            Most of those with brains would have realised that a NO to Indy vote at that point offered no guarantees whatsoever that a Leave Vote might not prevail.
            Yet somehow it is now being portrayed (by a desperate YES camp admittedly) as having been some massive surprise.
            They are also trying to claim some sort of Scottish consensus for staying in the EU(based on getting 62% of a 67% turnout i.e. around 42% of all of those entitled to vote, in other words their core vote)
            Bring it on then Nicola if you dare, you still have one foot left to shoot a hole in!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
              I earn in USD

BOOM!
              I earn in pounds, spend in pounds. WGAS.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                I earn in pounds, spend in pounds. WGAS.
                You should GAS because the UK exists in an international context, not in its own self-sufficient bubble.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  You should GAS because the UK exists in an international context, not in its own self-sufficient bubble.
                  I was referring to exchange rates.

Gideon's globe-trotting to sort it all out for us - US, China, Singapore.
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                    I was referring to exchange rates.
                    So was I. Weaker pound means that imports - oil, food - become more expensive. The pounds you're earning won't be buying you as much. Hopefully, it's temporary, and the rates will improve as the plan for Brexit gets rolled out, and the uncertainty concerning Britain's economic future settles down.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                      So was I. Weaker pound means that imports - oil, food - become more expensive. The pounds you're earning won't be buying you as much. Hopefully, it's temporary, and the rates will improve as the plan for Brexit gets rolled out, and the uncertainty concerning Britain's economic future settles down.
                      I can see the Euro taking a larger long term hit than Sterling. Once the dust cloud has settled, £ will be better and people will panic that Germany is the only financial powerhouse that can bolster the Euro.

Comment

Working...
                      X