• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Is Farage helping or hindering Leave?"

Collapse

• darmstadt
    replied
    Sadly if the right weren't so bilious in what they write and preach then there would be no need to be judgmental. Everything seems to be 'leftie self loathing liberals' in every single puerile post, change the record and write something constructive that maybe others could construe as an intelligent statement...

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    I think we're agreed. In all possible scenarios, there will be years of moaning.
    so a rerun of the Scottish then.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    I think we're agreed. In all possible scenarios, there will be years of moaning.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    Farage is a bit of a berk, and although I am voting Leave, I have no wish to associate myself with his small minded, racist ideals. I think he's an opportunist toe-rag, tbh, but if we vote Leave, we'll never have to listen to the irritating little chunt again.
    If we vote leave there'll be years of moaning about whatever deal we do with the EU, and years of moaning about how control of immigration hasn't meant a reduction in immigration. There's more than enough to keep Farage in the public eye for decades. Bozza and Govey will be part of the government, or leading the government, leaving Farage the default voice of the 55%, forever whinging about the outcome.

A decisive victory for Remain is the only way we're likely to shut him up. Who's with me?

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    No it isn't. That might be your interpretation, but as you clearly inhabit an area that is well out on the furthest promontory of the Great Stupidity peninsula, your views are largely ignored.

Isn't that how the UK government view the electorate anyway?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Au contraire - you'd never hear him shut up
    For a while but then the media would tire of him. If we vote Remain he'll remain as the face of the bitter "45%" forever whinging about the outcome.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    But he could just have been displaying his contempt for their "democratic" processes.
    No he's a lazy publicity-seeking politician. If you want to show contempt you protest so it's recorded in the minutes and then bugger off.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    Farage is a bit of a berk, and although I am voting Leave, I have no wish to associate myself with his small minded, racist ideals. I think he's an opportunist toe-rag, tbh, but if we vote Leave, we'll never have to listen to the irritating little chunt again.
    Au contraire - you'd never hear him shut up

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    But he could just have been displaying his contempt for their "democratic" processes.
    But he was ok to claim expenses from EU and collect his fat MEP salary...

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    He is suppose to turn up and either:
    1. Protest, or,
    2. Vote against every vote, or,
    3. Abstain on every vote.

He clearly believes in democracy and in democratic institutions if you don't protest where they can clearly hear you and/or vote you don't have a voice.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by unixman View Post
    If you disagree with the precept of the membership of the EU, then turning up to all meetings and obeying the rules would hardly be consistent. Attending the fishing meeting to discuss quotas only makes sense if you agreed with the EU's having control of your fishing catch.
    He is suppose to turn up and either:
    1. Protest, or,
    2. Vote against every vote, or,
    3. Abstain on every vote.

He clearly believes in democracy and in democratic institutions if you don't protest where they can clearly hear you and/or vote you don't have a voice.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    Owned by the Barclay Twins.
    "Sir Frederick has been quoted before as saying he and his brother left the UK solely for health reasons. "

He is telling the truth - the UK tax bill would have caused them both heart attack and then again in after life once 40% inheritance tax is paid.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Yes' that's how we feel when a moron promotes something with clear racist overtones as though it was merely question immigration policy. Not only is it offensive, it's bloody stupid.
    Yes EU immigration policy based on freedom of movement is clearly bloody stupid. It has driven down the wages of the poorest in the receiving country and allowed criminals free roam throughout Europe.

Not sure where the CLEAR RACIST OVERTONES are there? Oh of course they are in your head!

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    The UK government clearly can't do everything that everybody wants, yet that's to be what's being sold to the people.
    No it isn't. That might be your interpretation, but as you clearly inhabit an area that is well out on the furthest promontory of the Great Stupidity peninsula, your views are largely ignored.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X