• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Euro 2016

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Euro 2016"

Collapse

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by Bee View Post
    ...and the winner is PORTUGAL. YYYYEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS

Congrats to Portugal. Try not to be too smug Bee, but we can understand if you are. It's nothing compared to how smug we would be if we were ever in the same situation. Sadly I can't see that happening in any century, let alone this one.

Leave a comment:

• Hobosapien
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    Highlight of the game for me, certainly. Someone should have taken him to one side and told him UEFA rules have changed, and you only get a winners medal if you're still on the pitch at the end of the game. Not true, obviously, but would have been f@cking hilarious...

To be fair it took two attempts to get him off, risking a potentially worse injury than a deadleg (or whatever technical term covers his actual injury) by attempting to play on.

At least he started the game and didn't change into his kit for the trophy collection, John Terry style.

Though admittedly, at the time I did wonder if the french player that cropped him winked to the bench after. That would have been both hilarious and karma.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
    That's more enthusiasm than both teams showed during the match. The french only woke up when they went 1-0 down.

Though as with the World Cup, the finals are usually more memorable for individual incidents than the goals, and no change here with Ronaldo doing a Gazza with the waterworks when he knew his game had ended.

Long way to go before they outdo the Zidane headbutt at the 2006 World Cup final, 10 years ago!
    Highlight of the game for me, certainly. Someone should have taken him to one side and told him UEFA rules have changed, and you only get a winners medal if you're still on the pitch at the end of the game. Not true, obviously, but would have been f@cking hilarious...

Leave a comment:

• Bee
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Well done.

We were watching out for the continual soap opera that is our government and opposition...
    LOL

Nice try...

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Drivel.
    You saying he didn't handle the ball?

Leave a comment:

• Hobosapien
    replied

That's more enthusiasm than both teams showed during the match. The french only woke up when they went 1-0 down.

Though as with the World Cup, the finals are usually more memorable for individual incidents than the goals, and no change here with Ronaldo doing a Gazza with the waterworks when he knew his game had ended.

Long way to go before they outdo the Zidane headbutt at the 2006 World Cup final, 10 years ago!

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Drivel.

I'm not expecting congrats or likes from the arrogant and egocentric British people.
    ...and I have another answer for you.

That comes as a natural side effect of excessive .

Have you tried getting laid naturally?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied

Well done.

We were watching out for the continual soap opera that is our government and opposition...

Leave a comment:

• Bee
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Is that cheat Eder available as a goalkeeper?
    Handling the ball then blaming the opposition and getting them carded by your whining. Tacky tacky tacky.
    You should be ashamed of yourself!
    Drivel.

I'm not expecting congrats or likes from the arrogant and egocentric British people.
    ...and I have another answer for you.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Now can come Germany, France we don't give a tulip.

Is that cheat Eder available as a goalkeeper?
    Handling the ball then blaming the opposition and getting them carded by your whining. Tacky tacky tacky.
    You should be ashamed of yourself!

Leave a comment:

• Bee
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Bee
    replied
    Now can come Germany, France we don't give a tulip.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Snookered on the red, go for the brown!!
    Leaves the easy pink unplayable so goes for the tight brown

Leave a comment:

• Bee
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Well done Wales, Portugal are tulip, Germany/Italy/France in the final awaits.
    Portugal are what? Eat this...

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Oh well it was my team in office raffle

Leave a comment:

Working...
X