• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What is the best way to lose weight?"

Collapse

• MyUserName
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    FTFY
    Well ... I can't deny that helps

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
    Decided to cut weight on Tuesday 7th June, have so far gone from 14st 11 to 14st 4!

Edit:
    Note - this initial loss might have been help by not eating all the pies.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Decided to cut weight on Tuesday 7th June, have so far gone from 14st 11 to 14st 4!

Edit:
    Note - this initial loss might have been help by stopping taking creatine.

Leave a comment:

• unemployed
    replied
    Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    I think it is due to the fact that you live in your mum's basement and the bogs being on the third floor.

Loads of quality time climbing those steps for some effective dumps
    usually get the marble clad lift

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by unemployed View Post
    i found quitting the booze has helped alot .

lost 7lb in 3 weeks giving up beer.

300lb to go
    I think it is due to the fact that you live in your mum's basement and the bogs being on the third floor.

Loads of quality time climbing those steps for some effective dumps

Leave a comment:

• unemployed
    replied
    Originally posted by ZARDOZ View Post
    I didn't say calorie restriction doesn't work I said daily calorie restriction doesn't tend to work... for many people at least in the long run in terms of keeping the weight off. That trial is interesting, possibly skewed by having to comply with the diet, in the real world I suspect many would not. I'd also like to know which group have put the most weight back on. Be interesting to know if no difference is also found for males.
    i found quitting the booze has helped alot .

lost 7lb in 3 weeks giving up beer.

300lb to go

Leave a comment:

• ZARDOZ
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Here is one study comparing calorie restriction with the 5:2 diet. linky Yes it is in women but then I'm female. Weight loss was the same in both groups.

The bit in bold is why you loss weight - it is a diet you could stick to.

There are other studies showing that both low fat, high carb and high fat, low carb diets also make you lose the same level of weight.

The reason they all work is due to calorie reduction.
    I didn't say calorie restriction doesn't work I said daily calorie restriction doesn't tend to work... for many people at least in the long run in terms of keeping the weight off. That trial is interesting, possibly skewed by having to comply with the diet, in the real world I suspect many would not. I'd also like to know which group have put the most weight back on. Be interesting to know if no difference is also found for males.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    The guy who invented the "Finger of Fudge is just enough to give your kids' a treat" slogan is now on a register for life.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• bobspud
    replied
    Originally posted by unixman View Post
    Really? I thought the advert encouraged modest consumption of a pretty modest product. Fudges were small items, and the advert ("just enough") almost seemed to be promoting moderation. And it did use the word "treat", ie. something out of the norm.
    Yeah but it was the thin edge of the wedge and where it started the marathon and many high calorie bars followed.

Leave a comment:

• unixman
    replied
    The guy who invented the "Finger of Fudge is just enough to give your kids' a treat" slogan later admitted he had done a great disservice to the UK. His advert was the first to promote snacking in the UK.

In the 70's people weren't slim because what they ate it was due to when they ate e.g. no snacking between meals.
    Really? I thought the advert encouraged modest consumption of a pretty modest product. Fudges were small items, and the advert ("just enough") almost seemed to be promoting moderation. And it did use the word "treat", ie. something out of the norm.
    Last edited by unixman; 11 June 2016, 17:38. Reason: i just like editing

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    But not as much as the 2 kilos you lost carrying it home and cleaning it!!
    Bravo, Sir.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    And you lost over a kilo when A&E removed NLyUK's dislodged dildo from your rectum.
    But not as much as the 2 kilos you lost carrying it home and cleaning it!!

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    There are a number of tried and tested methods that work quite well. FLC managed to lose 10 pounds of ugly fat overnight simply by chopping his head off!

And you lost over a kilo when A&E removed NLyUK's dislodged dildo from your rectum.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    There are a number of tried and tested methods that work quite well. FLC managed to lose 10 pounds of ugly fat overnight simply by chopping his head off!

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by unixman View Post
    Most amazing thing about old photographs now is not the old fashioned cars, the hairstyles, the clean streets, the heavy formal clothing. It is the fact that everybody - without exception - has an amazingly flat stomach.

And it's not just pictures from the 1930s I am talking about here. Your holiday snaps from the 70s too. Look at those people. Most of them did no excercise to speak of, never saw a gym, but young and old - completely slim. You almost forget that this is what normal human beings look like.

The media will sometimes joke about how terrible our diet was in the 70s. Oh really?
    The guy who invented the "Finger of Fudge is just enough to give your kids' a treat" slogan later admitted he had done a great disservice to the UK. His advert was the first to promote snacking in the UK.

In the 70's people weren't slim because what they ate it was due to when they ate e.g. no snacking between meals.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X