• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Email from HR

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Email from HR"

Collapse

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    A very similar thing happened to me at Railtrack (2001 ish). Whereabouts were you based?
    Rail House, Store St., Manchester, back of Piccadilly Station and sometimes in Doncaster (Roberts Road), Southall (where I blagged a drive of a Class 37) and Horsham, looking for our missing Snowplough lol!!

This was (not 100% sure of years) 1994 ish, when all the TOC's were being sold off, I was moved about to various ones, think I ended up in Powertrack or something like that. Left 1997 ish.

Happy days! I had a PTS certificate so I could walk on track, and a BR driving licence, can't remember the point of that.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    Just got it, change to my terms and conditions of employment, I have a new Manager!!

And I can't answer or forward the mail cos it's in Lotus Notes and they made 'private' or something somehow.

I don't think they know I am a contractor. This happened to me before at Railtrack, when contract ended I was packing up and leaving and the higher ups are all 'Where you going?' and 'You haven't given us your notice....'
    A very similar thing happened to me at Railtrack (2001 ish). Whereabouts were you based?

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    Lotus Notes??????????

Yeah, still in use here but being replaced this year with Office 365 but keeping Notes around cos they can't migrate the DB's to anything else
    It's not actually Notes proper, it's the IBM Connections Web thing, bit like iNotes but not.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Lotus Notes??????????

Yeah, still in use here but being replaced this year with Office 365 but keeping Notes around cos they can't migrate the DB's to anything else

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Sorting it over Sametime....

Wonder if I should get IPSE involved?!!
    Is this simply a change to the guy that authorises your timesheets, etc?

If so, just saying manager is fine. Saying line manager would be a red flag.

Manager:
    Authorising Manager
    Hiring Manager
    Line Manager

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Sorting it over Sametime....

Wonder if I should get IPSE involved?!!

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Copy-paste into a new email? Send a new email referencing it? Take a screenshot?

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Just got it, change to my terms and conditions of employment, I have a new Manager!!

And I can't answer or forward the mail cos it's in Lotus Notes and they made 'private' or something somehow.

I don't think they know I am a contractor. This happened to me before at Railtrack, when contract ended I was packing up and leaving and the higher ups are all 'Where you going?' and 'You haven't given us your notice....'
    Perms have a new line manager, contractors have a new hiring manager.

Is it that difficult?

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    I can't delete it, forward it or reply to it!! Help!

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Fwd your reply to someone pointing out you're not an employee but realistically they just did a group-send so ignore it.

Leave a comment:

• GB9
    replied
    A splendid example of why HMRC goes to HR in the event of an IR35 enquiry.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Delete that e-mail before team ir35 find it.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    started a topic Email from HR

Email from HR

Working...
X