• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Email from HR

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lotus Notes??????????

Yeah, still in use here but being replaced this year with Office 365 but keeping Notes around cos they can't migrate the DB's to anything else
    Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
      Lotus Notes??????????

Yeah, still in use here but being replaced this year with Office 365 but keeping Notes around cos they can't migrate the DB's to anything else
      It's not actually Notes proper, it's the IBM Connections Web thing, bit like iNotes but not.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
        Just got it, change to my terms and conditions of employment, I have a new Manager!!

And I can't answer or forward the mail cos it's in Lotus Notes and they made 'private' or something somehow.

I don't think they know I am a contractor. This happened to me before at Railtrack, when contract ended I was packing up and leaving and the higher ups are all 'Where you going?' and 'You haven't given us your notice....'
        A very similar thing happened to me at Railtrack (2001 ish). Whereabouts were you based?
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
          A very similar thing happened to me at Railtrack (2001 ish). Whereabouts were you based?
          Rail House, Store St., Manchester, back of Piccadilly Station and sometimes in Doncaster (Roberts Road), Southall (where I blagged a drive of a Class 37) and Horsham, looking for our missing Snowplough lol!!

This was (not 100% sure of years) 1994 ish, when all the TOC's were being sold off, I was moved about to various ones, think I ended up in Powertrack or something like that. Left 1997 ish.

Happy days! I had a PTS certificate so I could walk on track, and a BR driving licence, can't remember the point of that.

Comment

Working...
          X