• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "'I'm blowing myself up for a generic terror cause'"

Collapse

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    It's not the national religion though is it? Merely a popish/Roman interloper.*
    You mean a Romanian Hooker?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    You retard

HTH
    It's not the national religion though is it? Merely a popish/Roman interloper.*

* Oh and the retard is you for not getting the sarcasm.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Those fooking Irish! Shoot 'em all, I say. Coming over here and building their Catholic churches....
    You retard
    The Catholic Church in England and Wales is part of the worldwide Roman Catholic Church in full communion with the Pope. Celtic Christianity, with some traditions different from those of Rome, was present in Roman Britain from the first century AD, but after the departure of the Roman legions was in retreat to paganism. In 597 AD, the first authoritative papal mission, establishing a direct link from the Kingdom of Kent to the See of Rome and to the Benedictine form of monasticism, was carried into effect by Augustine of Canterbury.
    HTH

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Northern Ireland terror threat level raised in Great Britain - BBC News

Non-Muslim terrorist threat! Whoever heard of such a thing (apart from anybody who's lived in the UK or Oklahoma City)
    Those fooking Irish! Shoot 'em all, I say. Coming over here and building their Catholic churches....

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Northern Ireland terror threat level raised in Great Britain - BBC News

Non-Muslim terrorist threat! Whoever heard of such a thing (apart from anybody who's lived in the UK or Oklahoma City)

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    I don't think anyone would want you behind them.
    Ye sore loser !

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Rubbish you utter moron.

I think you're in there SueEllen.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    Go SueEllen. We are behind you
    I don't think anyone would want you behind them.

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    oh look a straw - I must grasp it.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    And remember attacks aren't always physical.
    Rubbish you utter moron.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    And now you're reduced to arguing over individual words... "From SueEllen's argument, it seems she thinks it justified that some people hated disliked Germans even into the 1980s."

Oh look. No major shift in semantic content.
    I'm surprised you don't know the difference between "hate" and "dislike".

I mean we have "hate crimes" but not "dislike crimes" as you aren't likely to commit crimes against people you just dislike.

If you "dislike" the police you aren't going to help them or report crime to them. If you "hate" the police added to that you will also attack them if you can. And remember attacks aren't always physical.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Well the police can have suspicions and charge, but the CPS can turn around and say "Nope won't be proven in court" so the charges are dropped.

Doesn't mean either or both are right of course.
    What's that got to do with a wall of silence?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Funny how your want-to-be-helpful Muslims closed ranks over the hit and run killing of David Lees. You'll therefore appreciate that tensions are high following this ten-year wall of silence. If you want to pontificate about racial tension in Manchester, you need to know the fine points of it first. The owner of the car went down for two years for perverting the course of justice but nobody else has been charged.
    Well the police can have suspicions and charge, but the CPS can turn around and say "Nope won't be proven in court" so the charges are dropped.

Doesn't mean either or both are right of course.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    Go SueEllen. We are behind you
    Sorry got busy.

Leave a comment:

• FrontEnder
    replied
    Not at all -just a logical consequence of what you've said.

You said that people are justified hating the police because of what happened in the past. That would be exactly the same as saying that people were justified in hating the Germans because of the war. How can agree with the former and disagree with the latter?
    There's a big difference between "The police" and "Germans" though, so it's not exactly the same at all.

The police is an organisation. You have to apply to be a part of it. You can resign at any time from it and no longer be a part of it. It's a choice to be part of it.

I'm not saying it's OK to hate/dislike the Police as a whole because of their actions, but it's far more justifiable than hating on an entire racial group or county.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    You missed the point I was making.

Then again your Islamophobia is so high.

The police are disliked by a lots of people including due to how they have historically treated them over a generation ago and have a habit of having officers who still drag up the same prejudices e.g. Hillsborough. As they police by consent they need to avoid f***** off people from diverse backgrounds who will help them. This is why they apologised.
    Funny how your want-to-be-helpful Muslims closed ranks over the hit and run killing of David Lees. You'll therefore appreciate that tensions are high following this ten-year wall of silence. If you want to pontificate about racial tension in Manchester, you need to know the fine points of it first. The owner of the car went down for two years for perverting the course of justice but nobody else has been charged.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X