• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Bad hotel mistake...."

Collapse

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by missinggreenfields View Post
    Even worse than the Coventry Hill (AKA The Coventry Hole)?
    Hmm. I did a stint there and thought on the whole it was ok. A bit tired but did it's job and got it on a deal so very cheap.

Leave a comment:

• Wilmslow
    replied
    Originally posted by missinggreenfields View Post
    i stayed at the Days Inn Coventry - for a whole week. Bad mistake. It was like living in Auf Wiedesein Pet - full of builders vans and all that goes with that clientele. They also had a very ropey burger and curry offeirng stinking out the whole hotel - even the bedding and towels reeked of greasy curry. Never again.

Leave a comment:

• missinggreenfields
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    That would be the Allesley hotel. The rooms at the back, not the ones that are used with the weddings.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    And I thought those two Polish lads had come to mend the telly.
    do you have any dodgy loans, will you help my brother get a passport?

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    FTFY
    Well if you put it like that...

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    FTFY

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    And I thought those two naked Polish lads, sniffing poppers, had come to mend the telly.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    I think i'm in that one right now.

Got my room key, got the bags from the car, up the stairs, along the passageway, wrestled with the lock and into the room to find.... a bird in the shower She didn't notice, fortunately. I stole her knickers crept out and back to reception to request an unoccupied room.

I've now got a chair wedged under my door handle in case Keith Vaz checks in whilst i'm asleep.
    And I thought those two Polish lads had come to mend the telly.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by barrydidit View Post

Got my room key, got the bags from the car, up the stairs, along the passageway, wrestled with the lock and into the room to find.... a bird in the shower She didn't notice, fortunately. I stole her knickers crept out and back to reception to request an unoccupied room.

I've now got a chair wedged under my door handle in case Keith Vaz checks in whilst i'm asleep.
    That was the "in room entertainment", did you not realise what you were paying extra for

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Wilmslow got an axe to grind...

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Flashman View Post
    Not the worst hotel in Coventry apparently....
    That would be the Allesley hotel. The rooms at the back, not the ones that are used with the weddings.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Walkin through the Beeches

lookin at all the breeches

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Originally posted by Flashman View Post

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Checked into my room looked at the menu and thought I am hungry , I will go grab something to eat.... Oh no I cant, I was informed by the ONLY member of staff around that there was no food available !!!!! My option was to find a takeaway but was told I wasnt allowed to eat in my room !!!
    Unfortunately, at the time of your stay our chef was not available hence the lack of options. Indeed our policy is no eating in the rooms - a table and crockery is provided...Why would you like to eat without this essentials and comfort?

Leave a comment:

• Flashman
    replied
    Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    I mis-took this for a hotel called the Beeches – have pre-paid non refundable.

It looks like a real life fawlty towers.

Half tempted to stay from a comedy perspective – the owner sounds a live wire looking at his retorts to customer feedback!

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_...s_England.html

Leave a comment:

• DallasDad
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    As long as they don't object to you having cocaine and hookers in your room, who cares?
    Many moons ago I stayed at what was once called the Garth Hotel now the BEST WESTERN Palm Hotel | 4 Star Hotel North London

Then it was a row of terraced houses the 'owners' were buying them up from each end one by one and somehow they had linked them at the back
    You can imagine how difficult life was for the people holding out in the middle no pressure!

The family that ran it were Italian and probably not the types to wrong but they were great to their customers

Anyway I remember four things

1 They were running telephone sex chat lines out of all the empty spare rooms.
    2 Going up to your room at night could be distracting or darn right scary!
    3 The Owners Chef on finding out I rather liked the advert Dudley Moore did with Tesco on TV including the one for Tiramisu (that dates it) decided to make me a proper one and continued doing so every time I stayed
    4 They provided a safe harbour for cars in the car park guaranteed...

Tesco adverts
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzBK...&nohtml5=False

Leave a comment:

Working...
X