• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Job title question

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Job title question"

Collapse

• TheFaQQer
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    I've found someone who does your job

He's going nowhere near my job thank you!

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    It's working.
    I've found someone who does your job

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    He can't be that much of an authority. He's called it shredded rather than grated cheese. What a cockwomble.

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    No, never lie. Just adjust your CV to the expectations of your target audience. One segment of my responsibilities at the time was as team leader of the people who worked directly for me - each of whom was a development lead. My next role was development lead. Now I'm just a developer and quite happy with that - not that I've needed a CV for over ten years.

I've interviewed many people over the years for various levels of roles. Not so interested in client/employer defined job titles - rather how the prospect defines their role and it's relevance to what I am looking for. The purpose of a CV is to guide the client into getting the right candidate - i.e. me.
    Fair enough, I use the term 'lead engineer' on occasion to signify my seniority on a project. But the title is just something defined by me.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    To irritate NLUK?
    It's working.

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Is there a reason you are duplicating pictures from Post number 4 and post number 23 in this very thread?
    To irritate NLUK?

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    So you lie on your CV?
    No, never lie. Just adjust your CV to the expectations of your target audience. One segment of my responsibilities at the time was as team leader of the people who worked directly for me - each of whom was a development lead. My next role was development lead. Now I'm just a developer and quite happy with that - not that I've needed a CV for over ten years.

I've interviewed many people over the years for various levels of roles. Not so interested in client/employer defined job titles - rather how the prospect defines their role and it's relevance to what I am looking for. The purpose of a CV is to guide the client into getting the right candidate - i.e. me.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X