• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Rucksacks

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Rucksacks"

Collapse

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by Flubster
    Likewise, if I had your looks...

Leave a comment:

• Flubster
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet
    Christ, i'd rather be dead than live with those injuries
    Likewise, if I had your looks...

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Mr Biddle, from east London, lost both legs, one eye, his spleen and a huge amount of blood. He was in hospital for almost a year. When he was first taken to St Mary's Hospital in London after the blast, his injuries were so severe the medical team did not expect him to survive.
    Christ, i'd rather be dead than live with those injuries

Leave a comment:

• ~Craig~
    replied
    I hate those fooking wheeled suitcases people insist on dragging around the tube stations at peak time

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran
    nope we just insist peadophiles have access to the gym.
    I don't see why having a liking for small, green legumes should exclude you from keeping fit.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    nope we just insist peadophiles have access to the gym.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    ok, so he survived - it can happen, suppose explosives were home made so they were not very powerful - 6 people were killed there, less than on other carriages, most likely ignition was not as successful which saved his and other lifes.

Good thing the military in this country don't sell plastique explosives to terrorists and police don't take bribes to let cars with armed terrorists to take schools.

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW
    Edgware road was bus right?
    No, it was a tube attack. The bus bomb was in Tavistock Square.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    He was very lucky - though with the injuries he suffered I am not sure that's the right word.

I would have probably preferred to die in this case.

Edgware road was bus right? He survived due to similar case as Hitler survived his assassination in July 1944 - the barrack was easily deformable, so shock wave managed to get out of it rather than go back inside and kill everyone around.

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW
    (almost) No chance of that unless explosion was directional, which in case of a rucksack bomb it won't be.
    Yes, here he is, Danny Biddle.

Danny Biddle was the most seriously injured survivor of the 7 July London bombings. He was standing opposite Mohammad Sidique Khan, on a westbound Circle Line Tube train, when the suicide bomber reached into his rucksack and detonated his explosives at Edgware Road, killing six other people.

Mr Biddle, from east London, lost both legs, one eye, his spleen and a huge amount of blood. He was in hospital for almost a year. When he was first taken to St Mary's Hospital in London after the blast, his injuries were so severe the medical team did not expect him to survive.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucifer Box
    I'm sure one of the survivors of the tube attacks in the summer was standing right next to one of the bombers.
    (almost) No chance of that unless explosion was directional, which in case of a rucksack bomb it won't be.

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW
    If you are standing very close to a man with rucksack full of explosives, then consider the following:

1) death will be instant and unavoidable even if you step away few meters

2) better to turn yoru back because speed of light of explosion is faster than actual air wave - you will see the end before it happens, thus get scared, might as well turn your back.

hth

Abdul Ibn Hattab
    I'm sure one of the survivors of the tube attacks in the summer was standing right next to one of the bombers. Can't be arsed to look it up though.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Smelly barstewards in the gym who dont shower before or after they excercise.

The ones who do one rep then spend 10 minutes wandering about getting in everyone elses way.

FFS **** off and don't stand next to me when I'm using a bench, I don't want to be inhaling your BO every time I take a breath.

Leave a comment:

• TheMonkey
    replied
    Originally posted by Generalist
    Those stupid folding bikes that block train doors (and don't fit into their owners' oversized rucksacks), i-pod earhones that direct more sound outside than to the user's eardrums, clicky bloody laptops, Blackberrys, screaming babies being transported in the rush hour, swearing chav teenage schoolgirls (with or without rucksacks), etc.......
    No no no - ghetto blaster mobile phones being held by wiggers.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW
    If you are standing very close to a man with rucksack full of explosives, then consider the following:

1) death will be instant and unavoidable even if you step away few meters

2) better to turn yoru back because speed of light of explosion is faster than actual air wave - you will see the end before it happens, thus get scared, might as well turn your back.

hth

Abdul Ibn Hattab
    No no no. Face him (or her). Then you can watch their head fly off. Albeit briefly.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X