• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Priority Pass - good / bad"

Collapse

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    Stop being a coward and FTF Her.

More your style, bud, do what is expected of you

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    You really are a rather naughty boy
    Stop being a coward and FTF Her.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    You think MarkyMark with FTFY ?

You really are a rather naughty boy

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Yes they do. It's Avios.

I don't know how manic London is but when I travel to Edinburgh I just find a quiet spot and watch iPlayer myself.
    You think MarkyMark with FTFY ?

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by rich2476 View Post
    I will be mostly flybe - Edinburgh to London ... Off to check if they have any loyalty prog
    Yes they do. It's Avios.

I don't know how manic London is but when I travel to Edinburgh I just find a quiet spot and watch iPlayer myself.

Leave a comment:

• CoolCat
    replied
    Platinum AMEX gets you in Eurostar VIP lounge regardless of tickets too, makes it worth the money for me

Leave a comment:

• redgiant
    replied
    Originally posted by v8gaz View Post
    Upper class lounge, T3.
    +1 My second home with all the flights I have made stateside and beyond. I am usually the only one in the spa too when I go which is small but perfectly formed I don't think this is covered on the priority pass though.

I am toying with applying for a AMEX Platinum ... I have a blue card at the moment which is pretty good for a free card with the amount of cashback it provides (US only though).

Leave a comment:

• v8gaz
    replied
    Originally posted by tarbera View Post
    Also consider a Amex platinum card, this includes PP for you and a guest + other benefits you may use 30k free reward miles for example - but it's 450 a year
    Thats what I use,and the insurance is very good. Replaced a 500 quid pair of specs that I left on a plane with no hassle.

Leave a comment:

• v8gaz
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    what's the best lounge we've all been in ?

I'll go first, Emirates Business Lounge at Dubai

Milan.
    Upper class lounge, T3.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    Originally posted by tarbera View Post
    Also consider a Amex platinum card, this includes PP for you and a guest + other benefits you may use 30k free reward miles for example - but it's 450 a year

very nice
    Milan.

Leave a comment:

• yasockie
    replied
    If it's just to beat the queue at the airport security, I usually only buy when I'm late for that particular day, and buying online is just 3 quid.

Leave a comment:

• tarbera
    replied

Leave a comment:

• GJABS
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    You mean you don't have your own plane? INKSPE.
    I do

But not an airliner.
    All this talk from other contractors doing lots of airliner travel. None of the contracts I get ever involve travel, and I actually like flying

Leave a comment:

• Wilmslow
    replied
    Check the opening hour of the lounge to when you will be needing it. I was at Barcelona lounge this morning - T2 - did not open until 6:30, opened late, no sandwiches for half an hour and the loos filthy from yesterday - grabbed a cheese sarnie on my way to the gate to chomp on the flight. Not impressed with the shoddy service but it is a nice lounge if it could be better staffed.

Leave a comment:

• tarbera
    replied
    I've got one, it pays for itself if you like a few gins and tonics on way home

Leave a comment:

Working...
X