• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: New job ooop North

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "New job ooop North"

Collapse

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Yes.

I was once one.

(That's when I lived up North.)
    So now you're a thin slag?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    Are there any slim wimmin oop North? - most appear to be like Viz's Fat Slags

Yes.

I was once one.

(That's when I lived up North.)

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    And why oh why can't Northern pedestrians adopt London etiquette for pavement walking

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Are there any slim wimmin oop North? - most appear to be like Viz's Fat Slags

Leave a comment:

• ZARDOZ
    replied
    Sean Ryder was sick on my mate in the Hycienda. There was an all night cafe just around the corner called Jeruselem, scary place after the clubs kicked out with party goers and various ne'er-do-wells. Another club just down the road used to sell drugs from the cafe bar, casual as anything. Crazy times.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by ZARDOZ View Post
    Giggs was born in Cardiff, Bez and Sean Rider should be in Corrie, they could run the garage doing cut n shuts and dodgy MOTs.
    I know Giggs was born in Cardiff but he was raised in Salford and sounds like a local.
    Shaun Ryder is a good shout - Little Hulton lad, so right at the north end of Salford.
    Bez is the same as Ryan, moving to Salford as a lad.

I'm surprised there's not been much about the gangs of Salford - potential reference to Ordsall estate, etc. Talking of which, Perry Boys is a great read. That said, they probably accept that southerners are clueless about the difference between Salford and Manchester and as long as the accents are northern but neither scouse nor Geordie then they'll get away with it.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Giggs was born in Cardiff, Bez and Sean Rider should be in Corrie, they could run the garage doing cut n shuts and dodgy MOTs.
    Just been a-googling, I knew Shaun Ryder was from Little Hulton, not far from Bolton where I'm from, and a total shiitehole and ruff as fook, but I didn't know Bez is from Bolton, just doesn't have a Bolton accent at all.....

Leave a comment:

• ZARDOZ
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    That too. I would expect more to sound like Ryan Giggs and Terry Christian.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Many have Yorkshire accents.
    That too. I would expect more to sound like Ryan Giggs and Terry Christian.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by Antman View Post
    Vera Duckworth was from Leeds
    Vera Duckworth was from Manchester...

Vera Duckworth - Coronation Street Wiki - Wikia

Liz Dawn, however, is from Leeds.

Elizabeth Dawn - Coronation Street Wiki - Wikia

Jack P Sheppard (David Platt) went to Intake School round he corner from me.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Bluenose View Post
    Manchester is not recognisable to me from what it was even in the late 90's.

I think its is one the best places to live and work and I have been around the world quite a bit.

Don't really want to work back in London again if i can help it but I know my next contract will more than likely be there.
    The same could be said for many cities one way or the other. Leeds used to be a bit of dump back then but it's a great place now.

Leave a comment:

• Bluenose
    replied
    Manchester is not recognisable to me from what it was even in the late 90's.

I think its is one the best places to live and work and I have been around the world quite a bit.

Don't really want to work back in London again if i can help it but I know my next contract will more than likely be there.

Leave a comment:

• Antman
    replied
    Vera Duckworth was from Leeds

Leave a comment:

• ZARDOZ
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    That's the thing about Corrie that always baffled me; it's based in Salford but half of them have accents from Lancashire.

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Originally posted by greenlake View Post
    Your lunch....

That cake is called a Manchester Tart

Leave a comment:

Working...
X