• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "How stupid are agents?!!!"

Collapse

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by rootsnall
    A good one occurred at a well known Co I worked for when the managers got paid a bonus for succesfully getting rid of contractors as part of a "contractor replacement scheme"!!! by replacing them with consultancy people at double the daily rate !
    Well call me fickle, but I may be all for this "Contractor Replacement Scheme" thing now

Leave a comment:

• ooermissessnodont
    replied
    Agent

Moral is - beware of anyone with "Agent" in their title.

ooer

Leave a comment:

• rootsnall
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne
    I've just been tapped up for
    a) a permy job
    which is
    b) based 300 miles away from my home
    and more to the point, is
    c) part of a "contractor replacement scheme"!!!

Fujitsu are aparently trying to replace all their contractors in one fell swoop with permies. Does anyone know anythgi abou this?
    Fair play to them if its true like, but are agents really that stupid to appraoch contractors for these positions?!!!

I despair sometimes, I really do!
    A good one occurred at a well known Co I worked for when the managers got paid a bonus for succesfully getting rid of contractors as part of a "contractor replacement scheme"!!! by replacing them with consultancy people at double the daily rate !

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    They go under 'office supplies'

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru
    Speak for yourself ....

Think you need to re-negotiate your contract.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife
    If you were at home with your whatever you wouldn't have incurred the cost.

hth
    Speak for yourself ....

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB
    And if that was the case would anyone with a wife/husband/partner/whatever have to declare it on the P11D as well?

No, because it was a cost wholly incurred because of being away on business.

If you were at home with your whatever you wouldn't have incurred the cost.

My brolly gives me a dispensation of £150 per night for this kind of thing and I don't need the receipt.

hth

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    And if that was the case would anyone with a wife/husband/partner/whatever have to declare it on the P11D as well?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Typical contractor - always after discounts. You'd probably want a receipt too eh? )
    Depends. If it was entertaining enough, I would put it through entertainment (can't claim that).
    Otherwise it would go through "daily subsistence" and I would require a receipt.

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    Wonder if you could write it off as an entertainment expense.....

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Typical contractor - always after discounts. You'd probably want a receipt too eh? )

Including the VAT!

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru

Any discounts for CUK members (so to speak)?

Leave a comment:

• AtW Super poster
    replied
    Originally posted by Forumbore
    are you Heather Mills?

Bores can be divided into two classes; those who have their own particular subject, and those who do not need a subject.
    --- A.A. Milne
    Didn’t know the AA had on office in Milne

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    How very dare you!
    Indian then? That grammer it horrendous....

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by Forumbore
    are you Heather Mills?
    How very dare you!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X