• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Beware the March of IDS"

Collapse

• Unix
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    People I know who have links to him speak highly of his genuine integrity and his fight for social causes.

I feel Nick is not the staunchest of Tories...
    You could see that with his reaction to the living wage. Nick is a typical brainwashed leftie.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Iain Duncan Smith quits over planned disability benefit changes - BBC News

I'm glad he's gone, because he's an evil little tulip. But it's unfortunate that he's been allowed to step down, leaving room for a comeback to do some more damage to society.

Also, he should really take the rest of those worthless bastards with him, from Hamface down.

But still, worth a
    People I know who have links to him speak highly of his genuine integrity and his fight for social causes.

I feel Nick is not the staunchest of Tories...

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    IDS wants to ensure Gidiot isn't the next Tory PM.

He probably found out Gidiot had something to do with making him resign when he was leader.
    There is only one true leader. The Dear Leader.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    It's just a distraction by the Tories, to deflect attention from the EU, immigration and Brexit.
    IDS wants to ensure Gidiot isn't the next Tory PM.

He probably found out Gidiot had something to do with making him resign when he was leader.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    It's just a distraction by the Tories, to deflect attention from the EU, immigration and Brexit.

Leave a comment:

• SlipTheJab
    replied
    I forgot to resign over benefit cuts last year, confirms Duncan Smith

Leave a comment:

• NigelJK
    replied
    I can't live on 53 quid per week
    You're not supposed to. It's a payment hold you over until you find work.

Also it's worth remembering that no politician spends their own money, it's our money that we entrust to them to spend wisely. For my money the reds always prop up their own pet projects and the blues always feather their own nest for when they 'resign'.
    IDS was always touted as the best Tory PM we never had.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    Competence is the salient issue here. Anyone that juxtaposes a cut in CGT next to one in disability benefits (let alone for disabled children ), and can't see the tulipstorm coming their way, probably shouldn't be in gov't. Doing it once was bad enough, but this is the second time in as many budgets, and it points to a serious lack of competence.
    Tory Scum Gidiot thought that he'd get a lot of credit for increasing taxes "on the rich" and then buy back those middle class votes by increase thresholds (in the future!) a bit, whilst cutting tiny payments to disabled (even children were considered!)

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    "The Guardian understands that one of the possibilities being discussed was a cut to benefits for disabled children that would have saved £0.5bn. "
    Competence is the salient issue here. Anyone that juxtaposes a cut in CGT next to one in disability benefits (let alone for disabled children ), and can't see the tulipstorm coming their way, probably shouldn't be in gov't. Doing it once was bad enough, but this is the second time in as many budgets, and it points to a serious lack of competence.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    "Iain Duncan Smith resigned from the cabinet because he was frustrated that Downing Street and the Treasury refused to consider controversial cuts to universal pensioner benefits, it has been claimed."

"Senior figures inside the DWP said the PIP reforms were the “least worst” option handed to the department. The Guardian understands that one of the possibilities being discussed was a cut to benefits for disabled children that would have saved £0.5bn. "

Iain Duncan Smith quit due to Treasury refusal to consider pensioner cuts | Politics | The Guardian

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    I don't think those are the issues as he's a good liar and is able to get bad things attached to junior ministers who are sacked.

There is apparently more tulip happening in the next year that will appear so it's reckoned he or whoever took over from him only has 12 months max in the job.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    I think there's probably a bit more behind it such as: Iain Duncan Smith lost court battle to suppress publication of potentially embarrassing DWP memos, days before resignation | UK Politics | News | The Independent

And then there's the 8.45 million he signed off for this load of old bollocks while cutting the funds to some really rather helpful schemes: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/w...kplace-pension

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    I'm laughing. I use to live in the cold.
    I am from Siberia, I like it hot

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Oh only that...

My electric bill is around £200 per month, so there I am done - I can't live on 53 quid per week, but a posh Tory MP whose suit should be more expensive than all my cloth combined said he could ...

Granted he did the right thing to resign, but he should have done it long time ago, but better late than never
    I'm laughing.

I use to live in the cold.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    If you are on £53 a week your accommodation is paid for. You just need to pay all utility bills, buy food, clothes and transport.
    Oh only that...

My electric bill is around £200 per month, so there I am done - I can't live on 53 quid per week, but a posh Tory MP whose suit should be more expensive than all my cloth combined said he could ...

Granted he did the right thing to resign, but he should have done it long time ago, but better late than never

Leave a comment:

Working...
X