• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Which of you idiots signed this petition?"

Collapse

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by sal View Post
    This is one of the saddest parts of this article. When a PhD level job pays less than £35k.

It's all mute anyway, the jobs will be filled by EU migrants at the end of the day. No self respecting benefit scrounging Brit will ever work for measly £35k or less.
    Brits realize that you can work your whole life and get nothing to show for it. The boomers have taken it all.

"Benefit scrounging" is the future. Along with a bit of mugging of boomers to pay for a few luxuries.....

Leave a comment:

• sal
    replied
    Nurses are temporarily exempt from this threshold, along with PhD level jobs
    This is one of the saddest parts of this article. When a PhD level job pays less than £35k.

It's all mute anyway, the jobs will be filled by EU migrants at the end of the day. No self respecting benefit scrounging Brit will ever work for measly £35k or less.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Bee View Post
    That's right.

More British start to think twice before wanting to take the nursing course, which I find sad , there is a need like you said of encouraging . There are countries where they need nurses and pay much better, as is the case of the United Arab Emirates and the US. I mean 4 years courses not crap courses.

In IT can go the same way, there are already many British to go to other countries where they pay more as is the case in Switzerland. High wages is good for the state, but bad for private companies and it is these that are paying using manpower outside the European Union that accept low salaries, in addition, it's the private companies using contractors that take part of their salaries that are decreasing the salaries in all sectors.
    I want my children to enter the medical profession. To make it easier for them to move abroad.

Unless the government does something to address the ridiculous housing costs.....

Leave a comment:

• Bee
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    They would not be missing nurses if they allowed the markets to prevail. pay would reflect demand which would encourage more to enter the profession
    That's right.

More British start to think twice before wanting to take the nursing course, which I find sad , there is a need like you said of encouraging . There are countries where they need nurses and pay much better, as is the case of the United Arab Emirates and the US. I mean 4 years courses not crap courses.

In IT can go the same way, there are already many British to go to other countries where they pay more as is the case in Switzerland. High wages is good for the state, but bad for private companies and it is these that are paying using manpower outside the European Union that accept low salaries, in addition, it's the private companies using contractors that take part of their salaries that are decreasing the salaries in all sectors.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
    As the worlds third largest employer I can't quiet get the 'shortage'. Surely the NHS is doing too much?
    The government via the Department of Health with universities and NHS trains nurses but doesn't train enough. The Department of Health decides what number to train ever year.

So even if every nurse that was trained up worked, which never happens, there would still be vacancies.

Does the NHS do to much - yes and no. The NHS with the Department of Health doesn't work hard enough on preventative medicine.

Leave a comment:

• NigelJK
    replied
    missing nurses
    As the worlds third largest employer I can't quiet get the 'shortage'. Surely the NHS is doing too much?

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    That's because they are missing nurses in the first place. If they have permanent nurses they are the ones put on the rota for bank holidays.
    They would not be missing nurses if they allowed the markets to prevail. pay would reflect demand which would encourage more to enter the profession

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    I think you will find that it already is Nurses paid rates of £150 an hour to work bank holidays - Telegraph

Which is what happens when you defy markets which the NHS tries to do in the interests of "fairness"
    That's because they are missing nurses in the first place. If they have permanent nurses they are the ones put on the rota for bank holidays.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    With the lack of nurses that exists in the UK, one of these days the average salary will be 40k.
    I think you will find that it already is Nurses paid rates of £150 an hour to work bank holidays - Telegraph

Which is what happens when you defy markets which the NHS tries to do in the interests of "fairness"

Leave a comment:

• Bee
    replied
    We will never have enough because the government is too mean to pay for their ejukation so we just need to import them all from the Philippines and other developing countries. Sod the country they left they can just train some more....for us....

Your posts are incoherent , probably due to the "ejukation" system that put sperm in the brains.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    This doesn't make any sense.

If you have enough you don't need to import, it's not the case and you know that.
    We will never have enough because the government is too mean to pay for their ejukation so we just need to import them all from the Philippines and other developing countries. Sod the country they left they can just train some more....for us....

Leave a comment:

• Bee
    replied
    Nope - that's why they can import them for less.
    This doesn't make any sense.

If you have enough you don't need to import, it's not the case and you know that.

Leave a comment:

• Bee
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Yeah but Bee isn't English so its part of his ejukation /naturalisation. When you know how it's spelt right then you can go spell it wrong... If you get my meaning.
    Get out!

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Hullo there are loads of variations of English.

Even in the UK words aren't spelt the same.

*Hullo is apparently the British version.
    Yeah but Bee isn't English so its part of his ejukation /naturalisation. When you know how it's spelt right then you can go spell it wrong... If you get my meaning.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    With the lack of nurses that exists in the UK, one of these days the average salary will be 40k.
    Nope - that's why they can import them for less.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X