• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Official Scottish referendum Mk II"

Collapse

• NigelJK
    replied
    FFS The queen sneezes and it's another (photo) opportunity for the poisoned gnome to ask for another Ref.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Thread being called back to action.

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    Originally posted by seanraaron View Post
    They got a legit beef as well. Scotland has far more legit reasons to quit the UK than England does to quit the EU. And let's face it any leave vote is going to be an English one - I rather doubt the margin will be fine enough to hang on any of the junior members of the UK.
    You expect more bribes from the EU than the English ?

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Albania are quite hard.

What about Belgium?
    It's a tulip hole, didn't Colin Farrell teach you anything

Leave a comment:

• WordIsBond
    replied
    And? Things change - it's not like the Union was formed through mutual agreement like the EU was.
    Pretty much identical cases. Both unions formed through "democratic" processes with fudged agreements, bribery, a lot of misinformation, and large segments of the population rather disgruntled.

Like almost every other political agreement in history.

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    They got a legit beef as well. Scotland has far more legit reasons to quit the UK than England does to quit the EU. And let's face it any leave vote is going to be an English one - I rather doubt the margin will be fine enough to hang on any of the junior members of the UK.
    And yet Scotland decided to stay. Always easier to bash the English bogeyman than examine problems closer to home. Oddly when you quiz such types you'll find their real world experience of England is either zero, or totally at odds with views which have been indoctrinated at childhood.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    But EU money is keeping the UK afloat. You'd sink without us expats feeding you money.
    Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    Just like Scotland will sink without England's money ... ?
    The UK pays huge amounts to be a member of the EU. I don't recall SCotland has to pay a membership fee to remain in the UK...

Leave a comment:

• seanraaron
    replied
    Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    You have the air of some Irish republicans I know well.

Leave a comment:

• seanraaron
    replied
    Nope. Total bona fide.
    Ditto, ain't no internet acting going on here. Had I not an actual issue I wouldn't have started posting on this board. Now I'm here mainly for the LOLs.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Albania is the enemy of all things English! To war, to war!
    Albania are quite hard.

What about Belgium?

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    Incognito & Shaunbhoy sockies?
    Nope. Total bona fide.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Incognito & Shaunbhoy sockies?

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    And? Things change - it's not like the Union was formed through mutual agreement like the EU was. Scrub it and see if it can be put back together through goodwill this time. I bet you'll have equal success with getting the UK back in the EU post-quitting.

Leave a comment:

• seanraaron
    replied
    Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    We'll have to find someone who is quite close to hand and not too hard.

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    Let us propose that we have another war

In the name of unity ...
    We'll have to find someone who is quite close to hand and not too hard.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X