• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Sent to Coventry by Virgin"

Collapse

• greenlake
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Wilmslow is an airport security tester now???
    Just another one of his crazy plans to meet women....

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by greenlake View Post
    Good luck with that....

Wilmslow is an airport security tester now???

The only question I have is .... would Mitch?

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    Gig is actually at Birmingham Airport
    Good luck with that....

Leave a comment:

• clearedforlanding
    replied
    Think I will check out the kebab shop, and enjoy eating it on the next train back...

Gig is actually at Birmingham Airport, so have the choice of paying a tenner a day for car parking, or £100 a month which a £15 local weekly season ticket buys me the right to obtain such a holy grail.

Digs are actually okay here, there is a refurbished Hilton

Life’s challenges.
    If you are working at the airport you should be able to use the staff parking and take the bus. It's a hassle but a lot cheaper.

Go to the IBIS not the Hilton silly and hook up with a chick each night flying the following morning on a hen do.

Hilton hotels are mundane at best, but Hilton airport hotels...... I guess you could spend your evenings talking to the Bavarian ink salesman at the bar, but that is about it.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Gig is actually at Birmingham Airport

Leave a comment:

• Wilmslow
    replied
    Think I will check out the kebab shop, and enjoy eating it on the next train back...

Gig is actually at Birmingham Airport, so have the choice of paying a tenner a day for car parking, or £100 a month which a £15 local weekly season ticket buys me the right to obtain such a holy grail.

Digs are actually okay here, there is a refurbished Hilton

Life’s challenges.

Leave a comment:

• filthy1980
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    I'm in Coventry. It sucks balls. If you look 15 to 20 mins away you've got places like Kenilworth, Balsall Common and the like which are great.
    get in with the right client and you can work from that very site, great surroundings but the coffee is pants

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    I'm in Coventry. It sucks balls.
    So are you saying that it is a nice place ?

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    I'm in Coventry. It sucks balls. If you look 15 to 20 mins away you've got places like Kenilworth, Balsall Common and the like which are great.
    Spent best part of 6 months at the Ramada in Kenilworth, not the worse place I have ever stayed!

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    I'm in Coventry. It sucks balls.
    Superb! Are the rates as cheap as NLYUK's?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    As I stay in a hotel a couple of times a week, is it worth checking out an evening in Coventry?
    No.

Just drive and stay somewhere nicer like Leamington instead.

Leave a comment:

• Pherlopolus
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Many Years ago I had a contract at CBS in the middle of the city, working permanent evenings/nights.

I put on a weight due to using the Coventry Kebab house for evening meals far too often. The food was excellent. The only other highlight was watching drunk people on CCTV with the security guards once the pubs/clubs shut.

I drove in from Shropshire everyday due to being able to travel out of peak times so can't comment on accommodation choices, and it was 20 years ago this year though so things may have changed but wouldn't bank on it.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by Pherlopolus View Post
    Many Years ago I had a contract at CBS in the middle of the city, working permanent evenings/nights.

I put on a weight due to using the Coventry Kebab house for evening meals far too often. The food was excellent. The only other highlight was watching drunk people on CCTV with the security guards once the pubs/clubs shut.

I drove in from Shropshire everyday due to being able to travel out of peak times so can't comment on accommodation choices, and it was 20 years ago this year though so things may have changed but wouldn't bank on it.

Leave a comment:

• Pherlopolus
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X