• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: In or Out?

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "In or Out?"

Collapse

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Brexit will equal Scoxit. Scoxit sounds sexy. Scotland just is sexy. Period.
    I don't think 'sexy' and 'period' should really be in the same post somehow

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Hardly

Economic Migrant from France - I would like to claim asylum

Immigration Officer - Sir you came in on the Calais ferry you are going back on the next one.
    They're doing pretty well with that at the moment aren't they

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    If you mean:- cold, barren ,bankrupt, midge infested, skirt wearing, better that I don't live there anymore kind of sexy....then I guess so
    Sounds almost as sexy as Andyw's mum.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Brexit will equal Scoxit.
    Lets make it happen people

Scoxit sounds sexy
    Sounds like some kind of oat biscuit actually

Scotland just is sexy. Period
    If you mean:- cold, barren ,bankrupt, midge infested, skirt wearing, better that I don't live there anymore kind of sexy....then I guess so

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Sounds just like the Scottish exit.
    Brexit will equal Scoxit. Scoxit sounds sexy. Scotland just is sexy. Period.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Sounds just like the Scottish exit.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Little englanders vs the cowards. here is a more balanced perspective

Our economic debate on Brexit has descended into insultingly superficial scaremongering - Telegraph
    A balanced perspective written in a paper owned by the Barclay brothers in the little channel island kingdom.

I'm seen more balance in a drunken geriatric performing a handstand who is in desperate need of the loo.

Leave a comment:

• seanraaron
    replied
    Originally posted by Gumbo Robot View Post
    European Superstate is Inevitable

And therein lies the reason why I find the whole thing profoundly undemocratic. The fact that we have been lied to down the years because they know nobody would ever vote for this and that it can only be implemented by stealth.

Regardless of what you feel about the EU as an entity, this alone is just so damn wrong and this alone should make anyone who values democracy vote to get the hell out.
    I would vote for it, but I guess I'm the only person on earth, sigh...

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Gumbo Robot View Post
    And therein lies the reason why I find the whole thing profoundly undemocratic. The fact that we have been lied to down the years because they know nobody would ever vote for this and that it can only be implemented by stealth.

Regardless of what you feel about the EU as an entity, this alone is just so damn wrong and this alone should make anyone who values democracy vote to get the hell out.
    Last election UKIP got 12% of the vote and 0.15% of the seats. Profoundly undemocratic. I want to get out.

Leave a comment:

• Gumbo Robot
    replied
    European Superstate is Inevitable

The only sensible start point for any discussion about the UK’s future in the EU is to recognise that there is going to be a Single European State formed from the present and future members of the euro, and that this state will be powerful and successful.

Many Europhiles claim no such state will be built – in denial of all official EU statements that such a state is being constructed and of the entire thrust of the European project since the 1950s

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post

Our economic debate on Brexit has descended into insultingly superficial scaremongering - Telegraph
    If it puts a million jobs at risk - surely the removal of 3 million EU workers currently here would offset that ?

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Jeremy Warner

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Make no mistake Britain will continue to contribute the EU budget after a Brexit.

A common sight after a Brexit will be UK ministers and officials grovelling in Brussels and Washington.

When I was in Switzerland their government were constantly being "summoned" to appear in Brussels or Washington. The US basically gave them "deadlines" on financial regulation or they were going to revoke their US banking licences.
    Again, remind me why you support Brexit. You sound like a committed EU-phile to me.

Nothing would change with banking regulation, except at the margins with things like remuneration (bonus cap). The EU more or less faithfully implements Basel, which is then propagated on to the UK.

Leave a comment:

• seanraaron
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Make no mistake Britain will continue to contribute the EU budget after a Brexit.

A common sight after a Brexit will be UK ministers and officials grovelling in Brussels and Washington.

When I was in Switzerland their government were constantly being "summoned" to appear in Brussels or Washington. The US basically gave them "deadlines" on financial regulation or they were going to revoke their US banking licences.
    What? No Britain will be free, if only we can leave the EU we'll be a island once more in name and deed!

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X