• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Proper benched contractor grub"

Collapse

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    easyGroup and the team at easyFoodstore regret to announce that we will remain closed for one day tomorrow 4th of February and expect to open with business as usual on Friday the 5th of February at 9am

The reason for this store closure is that due to the huge publicity that our 25 p promotion has attracted, we have had queues of customers coming to shop today 3rd of February and hence we sold out all our stock of food items today.

Unfortunately our usual suppliers are unable to meet the demand in order to restock the shop again fully until Friday.

Thanks for your patience and hope you will come back again soon during February when the promotion is on, always whilst stocks lasts.

Leave a comment:

• clearedforlanding
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    That would actually be an interesting idea.
    Well, it's not like they face the problems that Tesco et al have of students putting fillet steak through as loose bananas.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    So £4 for breakfast, toast AND coffee. Sounds good to me... IIRC they do unlimited refills too.

Leave a comment:

• NibblyPig
    replied
    Ha, that puts me in mind of supermarkets where you can get a cooked breakfast for £2.50 but a coffee costs £3 because they've let a Costa the concession.

Cheap supermarket breakfasts is something I remember fondly as a kid so this always irks me.
    I had an ikea breakfast like this, I was getting my bicycle serviced and there was an ikea nearby, so having never been I decided to check it out. It was like 2 quid for breakfast but you had to pay extra for coffee, extra for toast, and extra for butter to put on the toast. It doubled the cost of the breakfast!

Leave a comment:

• seanraaron
    replied
    Hell, why not charge you just to walk into the shop? Just book out a warehouse and make people present a shopping list or buy online, then walk up and get your stuff from a food slot like a giant automat.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by jbond007 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if the store implements a 50p or £1 charge to use serviced tills. Self check out to be free

Leave a comment:

• jbond007
    replied
    Originally posted by NibblyPig View Post
    25p for some tomatoes

+50p for a can (mandatory)
    +10% surcharge when not purchasing using a ugandan prepaid debit card obtainable only from a corner shop in rural wales
    +25p checkout tax to check out
    +50p to print your purchase-ticket in store (free if you print it out at home)
    +50p 'choose your brand' surcharge (otherwise selected randomly)
    +50p charge if your cart weighs more than 10kg
    +50p for premium (priority) checkout
    +50p trolley rental fee
    +25p trolley child seat surcharge
    +50p car park fee
    I wouldn't be surprised if the store implements a 50p or £1 charge to use serviced tills. Self check out to be free

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Ha, that puts me in mind of supermarkets where you can get a cooked breakfast for £2.50 but a coffee costs £3 because they've let a Costa the concession.

Cheap supermarket breakfasts is something I remember fondly as a kid so this always irks me.

Leave a comment:

• NibblyPig
    replied
    25p for some tomatoes

+50p for a can (mandatory)
    +10% surcharge when not purchasing using a ugandan prepaid debit card obtainable only from a corner shop in rural wales
    +25p checkout tax to check out
    +50p to print your purchase-ticket in store (free if you print it out at home)
    +50p 'choose your brand' surcharge (otherwise selected randomly)
    +50p charge if your cart weighs more than 10kg
    +50p for premium (priority) checkout
    +50p trolley rental fee
    +25p trolley child seat surcharge
    +50p car park fee

Leave a comment:

• seanraaron
    replied
    Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    Are you American or summat?

Can someone ban this traitor? MF would have killed you for your description of a pie
    You're complaining there's no pies and I'm trying to show you how to make lemonade out of lemons. Fat, lazy and Ungrateful!

@NickFitz there's a surprise. No doubt they're near sell-by as well!

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Saw a retweet from somebody who was in the shop earlier. Apparently just about everything is Happy Shopper brand…

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post

Can someone ban this traitor? MF would have killed you for your description of a pie
    Watch out, he know's where you live.....

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by seanraaron View Post
    And I'm talking low-rent discount shop pies - you think that's beef you're eating?
    In my chicken and mushroom pie? I doubt it.

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by seanraaron View Post
    Layer the cream crackers, mixed veg and brown sauce - sorted.

Leave a comment:

• seanraaron
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Nowhere near. FLC is talking about British pies.
    And I'm talking low-rent discount shop pies - you think that's beef you're eating?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X