• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Mansion tax

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Mansion tax"

Collapse

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    I still think there's every chance Corbyn will will the next election

which is _not_, needless to say, the same as wanting him to win.
    Not after suggesting mass immigration......

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    , but why is it so difficult to take my word for it?
    Cos you is a contractor

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    better the Tory scum you know than the commie scum you don't.
    Nope, that's what Osborne counts on, and he should be shown how gravely he is mistaken.

Unless Tories are the party that cuts taxes they can fook off - Dummkopf's logic above is that Labour would have increased taxes anyway, BUT follow that logic they would next time they win, and that will happen sooner or later and Tories just helped them by increasing taxes massively.

Labour will win next elections with or without Korbyn.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Waldorf View Post
    I doubt that you have ever had the common sense to vote Tory, just continue to live in your dream world and look forward to when Corbyn is shafted in 2020.
    Well, why doubt when I already told you that I voted Tories in two General elections? I don't have video/written evidence of that, but why is it so difficult to take my word for it?

Leave a comment:

• NigelJK
    replied
    Corbyn will will the next election
    That will be because he's dead then?

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    If labour had found a vaguely electable candidate then they would have been in now. ...
    I still think there's every chance Corbyn will will the next election

which is _not_, needless to say, the same as wanting him to win.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Yes, please continue, maybe you'll find some fantasy argument as to why I should continue to vote for Tory Scum.

Or even better - tell me who is your MP, I'd like to check how big their majority.

P.S. Putin won't be alive in 2020.
    better the Tory scum you know than the commie scum you don't.

If labour had found a vaguely electable candidate then they would have been in now.

We would of curse been bankrupt and Putin would own all our Buy to lets.

Leave a comment:

• Waldorf
    replied
    I doubt that you have ever had the common sense to vote Tory, just continue to live in your dream world and look forward to when Corbyn is shafted in 2020.

Why check his majority? Corbyn has no attraction where I live, this has been a Tory seat since it was created.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Waldorf View Post
    Need I go on?
    Yes, please continue, maybe you'll find some fantasy argument as to why I should continue to vote for Tory Scum.

Or even better - tell me who is your MP, I'd like to check how big their majority.

P.S. Putin won't be alive in 2020.

Leave a comment:

• Waldorf
    replied
    And what exactly worse will Korbyn do than Tories have already done?.
    1. Increase the tax on dividends to the same rate of regular income tax, ie 20%/40%/50% - they have said they would increase the top rate to 50%.

2. Increase corporation tax, probably to 30%.

3. Increase employer NIC, to hit those nasty capitalists.

4. Increase Capital Gains Tax to 40/50%

5. Wealth tax introduced.

6. Council Tax rises to let rip.

7. Borrowing to zoom up.

8. Big increases on welfare spending.

9. The Falkland Islands given to Argentina.

10. Gibraltar given to Spain.

11. Exit from NATO.

12. Abandon Trident.

13. Defriend the USA.

14. Best friends with Putin.

Need I go on?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Imagine Gordon back knowing that Gideon got away with so much!
    Yep!

However Osborne will have one thing in common with Brown - he'll fail to get elected - I'll see to that!

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    And what exactly worse will Korbyn do than Tories have already done?
    Imagine Gordon back knowing that Gideon got away with so much!

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by MicrosoftBob View Post
    It could have been worse, he could have introduced a squirrel tax
    that would have been nuts!

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied

I've caught myself thinking recently that even dividend tax is now high enough that if it's pushed a bit further then it would make sense to pay higher salary to have 0 profits, and thus no corp tax.

By the time Osborne finishes fooking about with the tax system there will be no scope left for Korbyn to do anything.
    Ahh but Corp tax is optional .....allegedly

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Vote Korbyn, your worries about rich people and mansions will be over.

I've caught myself thinking recently that even dividend tax is now high enough that if it's pushed a bit further then it would make sense to pay higher salary to have 0 profits, and thus no corp tax.

By the time Osborne finishes fooking about with the tax system there will be no scope left for Korbyn to do anything.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X