• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Middle-class workers who 'manipulate' price comparison sites to get cheap insurance.."

Collapse

• original PM
    replied
    I love how it is aimed at 'the middle classes' like they should know better - it is only working class people who defraud the system.

hmpf

absolute rot - everyone defrauds the system a little by stretching the truth and want to know why?

- why does your insurance go up every year - if I stay with the same insurer for more than a year I will end up being charged about £60-£100 more than if I more to a new insurer.

So if those insurance companies are assuming most people are lazy and will not shop around then that is why we assume it is okay to be lazy and not quite check you ticked the parked on drive instead of parked on road box

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    You need to remember that "Third party" insurance
    Yes, but it's got nothing to do with NCB only counted for 1 car, say I had 2 cars, only named driver, could not drive more than 1 at a time, one worth X and the other was worthless, surely my risk of crashing was the worst of all on powerful motor that was worth X???

This NCB is a lot of bull - some companies give "accelerated" NCB, wtf? If anything it's the number of miles driven safely that should be taken into account, perhaps with distinction of motorway and city miles.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Insurance companies are supposed to be doing it by pricing risk - NCB should apply to the driver who can't (with exception of threaded) drive two cars at the same time...
    You need to remember that "Third party" insurance only insures other vehicles and provides public liability. Every other type of insurance also covers the vehicle the driver is driving.

The people who take out Third party only insurance tend to be the most risky drivers who also live in dodgy areas, so this is to stop them insuring a Nissan Micra and then driving a Ferrari as their main car. If you with a comprehensive policy drive allowing you to drive other cars, drive your friend's Ferrari with their permission then it's very unlikely you will crash it.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Dactylion View Post
    Insurance companies are in business to make money. Offering a "No Claims Bonus" only on one car makes them money QED
    Insurance companies are supposed to be doing it by pricing risk - NCB should apply to the driver who can't (with exception of threaded) drive two cars at the same time...

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by NibblyPig View Post
    there's an option for 'don't know where my chauffeur keeps it'?

Leave a comment:

• NibblyPig
    replied
    Insurance renewal should be coming up soon, presumably when stating where your car is kept, there's an option for 'don't know where my chauffeur keeps it'?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I think you only have to state where it is 'usually' kept...?
    Nope.

If you say you park it in a garage it needs to be there. Every where else they give you leeway.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied

I knew a permie consultant who used to buy a new Ka every three years with his company car allowance. Probably one of the things that put me off consulting as an option probably.

Leave a comment:

• Dactylion
    replied
    Can anybody explain me why No Claims Bonus only valid for 1 car???
    Insurance companies are in business to make money.

Offering a "No Claims Bonus" only on one car makes them money QED

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Just because you're an admin doesn't mean I can't *think* you're a complete shirt front (I'm getting the hand of this Cockney rhyming slang).

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Just because you're an admin doesn't mean I can't *think* you're a complete shirt front (I'm getting the hand of this Cockney rhyming slang).
    Also known as swear filter avoidance by the mods...

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Your P reg Ford Ka is safe either way ...

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    That's fine until the car gets stolen using your keys and the garage has a lock/remote that hasn't been touched....
    I think you only have to state where it is 'usually' kept...?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Live in a leafy Manchester suburb, park car on street at night. Work in London, park car in a secure underground car park in East London during the week. No idea which would work out cheaper but went with home address.
    Your P reg Ford Ka is safe either way ...

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Live in a leafy Manchester suburb, park car on street at night. Work in London, park car in a secure underground car park in East London during the week. No idea which would work out cheaper but went with home address.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X