• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Offshore

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Offshore"

Collapse

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    Anyone tried it? With any success?
    Seems to work for some. I think you have to have friends in high places for the authorities to turn a blind eye though.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    What deserves ridicule is posting a question with such a lack of specificity and expecting serious answers. As does protestations that you're being "bullied". A rather daft post was moved, an offhand quip was made. It's not as if anyone died as a result.

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Oh, don't think for a moment that you're special...
    When did I say that?

All I asked was;

And for that you move my post to general 'to have a good laugh at it'

Still sounds like a bully to me, and you can dress that up how ever you like.

I know I know very little on the matter. Does that deserve ridicule?

Does that deserve specifically moving my post in order to get ridicule?

Look you self in the mirror. You ain't all that.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Moderate yourself. Moving something so everyone can have a good laugh. Sounds like a bully to me.
    Oh, don't think for a moment that you're special...

Go ahead if you think it's worth the risk, no-one here is going to tell you what you obviously want to hear.

But be warned if you come back here crying that bad boys took your money and won't give it back or HMRC came knocking and wanted it instead I will move your post to General and encourage everyone to point and laugh at you.

HTH.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Loads of companies have tried it. They all regretted it - it was losing control of the their IT that really caused the pain.

Moderate yourself. Moving something so everyone can have a good laugh. Sounds like a bully to me.
    OK, Cojak, I'll hold him down while you put the boot in, and then steal his dinner money.

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    That's 'Smart Arse Moderator' to you, Diddums...

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied
    3. People who come on to a UK forum for contractors, when they are not in the UK, provide no information about where they are or what they do or whether they are a contractor or not, looking for recommendations for an accountant that may or may not be able to help them, and ignoring the perfectly sensible advice to ask on an accountant's forum instead. And then blaming everyone else.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied

Leave a comment:

• UncleRoger
    replied
    OK, 4 pages later what I see is

1 - People who can't comprehend the existence of jobs, markets, economies, laws and a number of other things (including MONEY!) outside of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

2 - People who can't comprehend the difference between feedback given by people with hands on experience and a generic Google search

Now, given #1, I don't think I'm gonna find good advice here, so point #2 stays and I guess we are done with the topic as far as I am concerned.

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Or you can just leave it where it was smart arse.
    That's 'Smart Arse Moderator' to you, Diddums...

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    From the CUK's Accounting and Legal forum. We've been pointing and laughing at these questions since 2005.

I could have moved it to the HMRC Scheme Enquiries forum instead.

Ask in the AccountancyWeb forum, there are more sharks in there.
    Or you can just leave it where it was smart arse.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    You moved it from the accountants forum 'for a laugh'
    From the CUK's Accounting and Legal forum. We've been pointing and laughing at these questions since 2005.

I could have moved it to the HMRC Scheme Enquiries forum instead.

Ask in the AccountancyWeb forum, there are more sharks in there.

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Then I would suggest asking in an accountant's forum.
    You moved it from the accountants forum 'for a laugh'

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by UncleRoger View Post
    Right! Are there any with international expertise that anyne would recommend? Ta.
    Lot of unhelpful people on here, click on this link, lots of info there...

url=http ://bfy.tw/3tA0 - Useful link

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied
    Originally posted by UncleRoger View Post
    Right! Are there any with international expertise that anyne would recommend? Ta.
    Oh FFS. There may be some posters here that are aware of accountants that can deal with UK-based non-domicile issues. There may be some that have accountants that deal with UK residents in EU countries. There may be some that simply don't want to recommend their accountant to a chancer that provides no details and would be wasting their time.

If you have a very specific set of circumstances you would be better off (as cojak recommended) posting in an accountant's forum with all the relevant details.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X