• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Funeral expenses

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Funeral expenses"

Collapse

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Is it cheaper if you blow yourself up with a suicide vest, whilst shouting allahu akbar?

Or does picking up the bits add to the cost?
    This might invalidate the life insurance his wife secretly took on him...

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    Just serve them up at the reception....

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    I have a sideline business

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...a7f0a317ee.jpg
    Last edited by DodgyAgent; 22 January 2016, 16:40.

Leave a comment:

• Lost It
    replied
    Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
    Exactly, I mean **** - how hard can it be?

Let me look at this piece of paper.

Did he have a pulse?
    Was he breathing?
    Brains on the Dashboard?

Great, I'll sign this piece of paper. Please swipe you Chip & PIN card first.
    I was taught once on a first aid course that ABC didn't mean Airway, Breathing, Circulation at all. It means Access, Barclaycard or Cash. It was some time ago.. Must have been before 1996. God I'm feeling old....
    Last edited by Lost It; 22 January 2016, 16:24.

Leave a comment:

• clearedforlanding
    replied
    Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    Cheeky fecking b^stards
    Exactly, I mean **** - how hard can it be?

Let me look at this piece of paper.

Did he have a pulse?
    Was he breathing?
    Brains on the Dashboard?

Great, I'll sign this piece of paper. Please swipe you Chip & PIN card first.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    Daytime TV is littered with advert for funeral expenses - with costs quoted at upwards of £7k ...
    When did they start advertising all that?

Traditionally three things (at least) were not allowed to be advertised on UK TV: Firearms and suchlike, gambling, and funeral services.

I guess the ban on gambling ads must have gone years ago, when the Lottery started. But I thought the other two were still in effect.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by Lost It View Post
    Leave your body to medical science?
    Told the missus we're both getting cremated. It's her last chance of having a smoking hot body

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Doctor’s fees for death certification £165
    Cheeky fecking b^stards

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    So if I arranged a Viking style send off with flaming arrows shot into the family dinghy filled with combustibles & cast off towards the setting sun

I could save all of the above
    Yes but the red tape from the council will be a PITA, although precedents have been set so they are legal

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Is it cheaper if you blow yourself up with a suicide vest, whilst shouting allahu akbar?

Or does picking up the bits add to the cost?

Leave a comment:

• Lost It
    replied
    Leave your body to medical science?

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Disbursement costs
    Item Average cost
    Cremation fees £660
    Burial fees £1,750
    Minister fees, religious or secular officiant or celebrant – in other words the person who performs the funeral service £140+
    Church of England service in a crematorium £164
    So if I arranged a Viking style send off with flaming arrows shot into the family dinghy filled with combustibles & cast off towards the setting sun

I could save all of the above

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Mine better be more than that or I'm coming back to haunt someone.
    Kind of depends really. If you're not providing a free bar (and we were advised very strongly NOT to) then for 25 people that's £15 each assuming you can get free room hire.

We just did mum's in the local pub she used to enjoy visiting.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Mum's was a bit over 4k. Nothing fancy. That doesn't include catering, orders of service, flowers etc - probably another £500

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Catering for a wake/funeral reception £370
    Mine better be more than that or I'm coming back to haunt someone.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X