• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Migration crisis is putting the UK at grave risk."

Collapse

• meridian
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    noticed that, oh its so impressive when cultures meld
    Tut tut, we can't complain on the one hand that people don't integrate, and then complain when they do....

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by seanraaron View Post
    You don't have to live in Scotland long to get one;
    noticed that, oh its so impressive when cultures meld

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    You don't have to live in Scotland long to get one; especially if you read English-dominated news media.
    You didn't answer the question either.

Leave a comment:

• seanraaron
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Did you move to Scotland because of the chip on your shoulder or did you have it attached when you arrived?
    You don't have to live in Scotland long to get one; especially if you read English-dominated news media.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Because it's boring when there's real problems facing the EU; whether or not some countries have more generous benefits programs than others and are having to give them to people who don't hold passports because they happen to be from elsewhere in the EU isn't one of them.

How many countries other than the UK get a rebate on their dues? How many countries other than the UK have a neighbouring country shouldering most of the weight on detaining migrants heading to their borders? How many countries other than the UK have managed to protect their thieving banking sector from needed regulation?

And all this whilst having more than their fair share of emigres colonising Spainish coastal towns. I'm sure in a UK exit the British taxpayer voting to quit the EU for nonsense reasons will happily pick up the tab to repatriate thousands of citizens from within the EU, yes?
    Did you move to Scotland because of the chip on your shoulder or did you have it attached when you arrived?

Leave a comment:

• seanraaron
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Why should the UK shut up? Who says the UK has a "sweet deal"?
    Because it's boring when there's real problems facing the EU; whether or not some countries have more generous benefits programs than others and are having to give them to people who don't hold passports because they happen to be from elsewhere in the EU isn't one of them.

How many countries other than the UK get a rebate on their dues? How many countries other than the UK have a neighbouring country shouldering most of the weight on detaining migrants heading to their borders? How many countries other than the UK have managed to protect their thieving banking sector from needed regulation?

And all this whilst having more than their fair share of emigres colonising Spainish coastal towns. I'm sure in a UK exit the British taxpayer voting to quit the EU for nonsense reasons will happily pick up the tab to repatriate thousands of citizens from within the EU, yes?

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    I assume you're referring to Britain and the incessant bitching about EU rules when it gets such a sweet deal and should really shut the hell up?
    Why should the UK shut up? Who says the UK has a "sweet deal"?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    I assume you're referring to Britain and the incessant bitching about EU rules when it gets such a sweet deal and should really shut the hell up?
    You are john claude juncker and I claim my 5 Euros Pounds

Leave a comment:

• seanraaron
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    The snivelling coward who thinks he looks clever by scoring points at the very establishment that bestows him with his own privileged lifestyle. He does it with a meaningless cliche. Perhaps you could explain which powers do not bitch?

Leave a comment:

• tomtomagain
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Wrong.

001 France 100 579 839
    002 United States 95 927 767
    003 United Kingdom 79 163 103
    004 China, People's Republic of 74 368 812
    I had read somewhere that the UK was the largest car export market for the Germans. My mistake. Only the third largest market overall all.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

BTW I don't agree with either of you.
    I think we can both breathe a sigh of relief

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied

I'm a student of history, you just appear to like spouting the Mail version rather than actually analysing and learning from it.
    History looks different from different view points.

So DA is as right and as wrong as you.

BTW I don't agree with either of you.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
    And who is Germany's largest export market? The UK.
    Wrong.

001 France 100 579 839
    002 United States 95 927 767
    003 United Kingdom 79 163 103
    004 China, People's Republic of 74 368 812

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    . The British are always bitching anyway, so why would giving in change anything?
    The snivelling coward who thinks he looks clever by scoring points at the very establishment that bestows him with his own privileged lifestyle. He does it with a meaningless cliche. Perhaps you could explain which powers do not bitch?

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Since the British are always bitching it would be better for the EU if we got out and left them to it, all like-minded together.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X