• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Is There Any Hope?! Londoners Spend Two Thirds Of Their Income On Rent"

Collapse

• greenlake
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    I'm pretty sure most of us don't want to think how Brillo services women.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    FTFY
    I'm pretty sure most of us don't want to think how Brillo services women.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Brillo would probably get an OBE for services to women.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    It's all part of pro-family Tory Party agenda to make people live together, they just need to increase tax on divorces - I say the Treasury should take at least 10% of all assets from failed families, 20% on second divorce and increase by 15% on subsequent.

HTH

BrilloPad
    Brillo would probably get an OBE for services to the treasury.

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    But we are....
    QED

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    London is full of people that think they are so much better than everybody else.
    But we are....

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
    I live in Suffolk, in a large town. A modest 3 bedroom house in an ok area will be about 1k per month to rent. 2 beds a bit cheaper.

for most that will be 50% or more of a single persons income.
    It's all part of pro-family Tory Party agenda to make people live together, they just need to increase tax on divorces - I say the Treasury should take at least 10% of all assets from failed families, 20% on second divorce and increase by 15% on subsequent.

HTH

BrilloPad

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
    I live in Suffolk, in a large town. A modest 3 bedroom house in an ok area will be about 1k per month to rent. 2 beds a bit cheaper.

crazy

I'm the only worker in our household. I forget most couples back home hold down a job.

Leave a comment:

• SpontaneousOrder
    replied

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    London ... too foreign
    London is full of people that think they are so much better than everybody else.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    Hmmm

Cardiff.. too racist
    Edinburgh ... too racist
    London ... too foreign

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied

Football team is also pretty good...

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Well, beer is certainly cheaper there, and taxes lower. And who cares if they earn less if they end up spending 22% on quality rent vs 66% in London? Prices are generally lower in Europe, they certainly don't pay crazy money for train travel or anything else really.
    2013 - BBC poll: Germany most popular country in the world - BBC News
    2014 - The world voted, and the best country is... Germany? - Telegraph
    2015 - https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...oure-number-4/

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    I would imagine other Munich residents pay a considerably higher percentage of their smaller earnings. remember we are the top 10% earners.
    Well, beer is certainly cheaper there, and taxes lower. And who cares if they earn less if they end up spending 22% on quality rent vs 66% in London? Prices are generally lower in Europe, they certainly don't pay crazy money for train travel or anything else really.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    This nut is not for cracking then;-)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X