• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is There Any Hope?! Londoners Spend Two Thirds Of Their Income On Rent

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Well, beer is certainly cheaper there, and taxes lower. And who cares if they earn less if they end up spending 22% on quality rent vs 66% in London? Prices are generally lower in Europe, they certainly don't pay crazy money for train travel or anything else really.
    2013 - BBC poll: Germany most popular country in the world - BBC News
    2014 - The world voted, and the best country is... Germany? - Telegraph
    2015 - https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...oure-number-4/
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Football team is also pretty good...

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
        Hmmm

Cardiff.. too racist
        Edinburgh ... too racist
        London ... too foreign
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          London ... too foreign
          London is full of people that think they are so much better than everybody else.
          http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

I live in Suffolk, in a large town. A modest 3 bedroom house in an ok area will be about 1k per month to rent. 2 beds a bit cheaper.

for most that will be 50% or more of a single persons income.

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
              I live in Suffolk, in a large town. A modest 3 bedroom house in an ok area will be about 1k per month to rent. 2 beds a bit cheaper.

crazy

I'm the only worker in our household. I forget most couples back home hold down a job.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post

It's all part of pro-family Tory Party agenda to make people live together, they just need to increase tax on divorces - I say the Treasury should take at least 10% of all assets from failed families, 20% on second divorce and increase by 15% on subsequent.

HTH

BrilloPad

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                  London is full of people that think they are so much better than everybody else.
                  But we are....
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    But we are....
                    QED
                    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                      It's all part of pro-family Tory Party agenda to make people live together, they just need to increase tax on divorces - I say the Treasury should take at least 10% of all assets from failed families, 20% on second divorce and increase by 15% on subsequent.

HTH

BrilloPad
                      Brillo would probably get an OBE for services to the treasury.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X