• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Oil - How low can it go?"

Collapse

• Tensai
    replied
    Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    Sounds about right. More so, that have geared finance. Premier Oil I think is an example. A lot are just a pure bet on whether oil recovers. I have a few bob on it doing so, but then again I am no expert.
    PMO is a reasonable bet. They recently bought E.ON's exploration business in the North Sea for (relative) peanuts. Assuming they can reduce the /bbl lifting costs, it won't take much of a bounce in the oil price for them to be quids in.

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    So it's more of an Epileptic Cat Fit than a Dead Cat Bounce?
    Sounds about right. More so, that have geared finance. Premier Oil I think is an example. A lot are just a pure bet on whether oil recovers. I have a few bob on it doing so, but then again I am no expert.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    All ollies have been bouncing about like mad, even mid-cap ones. If you fancy seat-of-your-pants stuff then just look at the AIM ones.
    So it's more of an Epileptic Cat Fit than a Dead Cat Bounce?

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Shell shares up 6%

Corner turned?
    All ollies have been bouncing about like mad, even mid-cap ones. If you fancy seat-of-your-pants stuff then just look at the AIM ones.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Shell shares up 6%

Corner turned?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    I think it might be easier long term to short USD/CAD when the oil price goes into a long term uptrend than buy oil futures and roll contracts.

USD/CAD looks strongly inversely correlated to oil price (in USD).

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Non-Opec production is falling slowly, but that should accelerate.

http://www.nasdaq.com/article/opec-s...20151210-00161

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    At this point it's all about market share. First ones to blink will lose out heavily and the glut in supplies means they would struggle to get back in again. The Saudi's are terrified of Iran taking a big chunk of their customer base now the sanctions are being lifted and they daren't raise prices or cut production. The fun will really start when storage capacity is exceeded and producers can't continue to soak up production costs in the hope of recouping when the market recovers.
    Last edited by DaveB; 1 February 2016, 10:52.

Leave a comment:

• administrator
    replied
    How long until the bounce though? It's the Saudi's trying to smother the US shale business before it can develop isn't it? Could be a good time to pick up a nice V8 though, petrol could be cheap for a while. Until the Tories tax it I guess

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    I'm watching this market carefully. A big lump sum on a spreadbetting account could lead to early retirement.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    From that article from AEP

It is not the price collapse that worries the IEA: it is the prospect of a global shock when the Saudis have flushed out rivals and the market springs back violently.
    The lower the market goes the bigger the overshoot will be when it recovers.
    Last edited by BlasterBates; 1 February 2016, 08:48.

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    Not normally a fan of AEP, but since this mainly consists of quotes from people that know what they're talking about...
    Ambrose Evans-Pritchard keeps posting DOOM tulipe, that's his speciality

Once Iran start pumping oil will be 15-25 range, high volatility.

Remember, you've heard it on here first...

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    $20 is probably the bottom, can't see it going lower than that.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Not normally a fan of AEP, but since this mainly consists of quotes from people that know what they're talking about...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X