• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Baby Charlotte

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Baby Charlotte"

Collapse

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Joe Black
    You're not looking to good there mate, a bit pinkish round the gills...
    Aye...tell me about it...

Leave a comment:

• Joe Black
    replied
    You're not looking to good there mate, a bit pinkish round the gills...

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    SG, I think you'll have to include yourself in the latter then, for completely failing to understand that it was a rhetorical question, or the reason for it.

Sorry beer effect last night ...

Leave a comment:

• Joe Black
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru
    FFS - Don't carry on the stereotype of a techie.

Would you agree if it was your child? A 3 year old is very different from a baby. For a start they get a personality. It's very difficult to terminate a personality, unless you're a Nazi.

Feckin stupid techies on this board.
    SG, I think you'll have to include yourself in the latter then, for completely failing to understand that it was a rhetorical question, or the reason for it.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Why?, isn't that a contradiction in terms.

If there was supposedly the choice of pulling the plug previously and letting her die because she couldn't survive without outside assistance then what has changed? She still wouldn't probably survive without some form of assistance, parental or otherwise, so why not suggest pulling the plug now and simply stop feeding her?
    FFS - Don't carry on the stereotype of a techie.

Would you agree if it was your child? A 3 year old is very different from a baby. For a start they get a personality. It's very difficult to terminate a personality, unless you're a Nazi.

Feckin stupid techies on this board.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Black
    replied
    Originally posted by Forumbore
    The rest of society now has no Choice but to support the life of this poor child.
    Why?, isn't that a contradiction in terms.

If there was supposedly the choice of pulling the plug previously and letting her die because she couldn't survive without outside assistance then what has changed? She still wouldn't probably survive without some form of assistance, parental or otherwise, so why not suggest pulling the plug now and simply stop feeding her?

Leave a comment:

• bfg
    replied
    Aktion T4

You know it makes sense, reduces the burden on the state of the unbrauchbare Öffnungen.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    I agree (sure you didn't nick this thread off my blog?) there is no such thing as just money, ever penny spent on a case like this has to come from someone else who could be a better use of it.

Not had the problem first hand as pig has but I think I might have felt the same as the parents if it was my kid, however society run on emotional lines is a very poor one. Emotion has a place at a human level never a national one.

Leave a comment:

• Pig
    replied
    Have any of you had to deal with any type of severe handicap? Lots of opinions here but can't see any experience!!

And just for your information I have the experience and the pain that comes from it. And in my opinion life should not be prolonged if the quality of life is cr@p. She should have been allowed to die and the parents are wrong.

Leave a comment:

• Forumbore
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife
    The taxpayer was always going to have to fund the cost. Medical costs are already £600K and growing. Any intensive care is going to be out of the funding range for the majority of the general public.
    I am pretty sure that the NHS made its decision as much on humanitarian grounds as it did on finance. In my view the child should have been allowed to die in the first place. The choice to keep the child alive was the wrong choice (my opinion). What irks me is the readiness with which people want to sidestep their responsibilities.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    "I want to be cremated but she can't stand the thought of me being burnt...numpty!!!"

No she wants to be able to dance on your grave with her boyfriend singing 'Oh yes the Twat is dead, the twat is dead, the twat is dead, oh yes the evil twat is dead"

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by Forumbore
    It cannot be YOUR choice if there is no money to pay for it. These people having had their choice supported are now shoving the responsibilities on to someone else. The rest of society now has no Choice but to support the life of this poor child.
    The taxpayer was always going to have to fund the cost. Medical costs are already £600K and growing. Any intensive care is going to be out of the funding range for the majority of the general public.

Leave a comment:

• Flubster
    replied
    My wife and I discussed this when it all came out earlier this year. We couldn't agree on what we'd do. It's the same on my death...I want to be cremated but she can't stand the thought of me being burnt...numpty!!! I'll show her...I'll fill my car with gasoline then drive into a wall at 100mph....there shouldn't be much left after the subsequent fireball other than a lot of dust...

Leave a comment:

• Forumbore
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife
    Exactly - it should be YOUR choice. The decision is hard enough without the additional pressure of a govenment trying to make it for you on the basis of cost.
    It cannot be YOUR choice if there is no money to pay for it. These people having had their choice supported are now shoving the responsibilities on to someone else. The rest of society now has no Choice but to support the life of this poor child.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Exactly - it should be YOUR choice. The decision is hard enough without the additional pressure of a govenment trying to make it for you on the basis of cost.

Edit: I was responding to/agreeing with MF.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X